The information was released at a meeting of the steering committee for the implementation of the projects to build a national database on population and a system for citizen ID production, issuance, and management on May 4.
Speaking at the event, Minister of Public Security General To Lam lauded efforts made by public security forces of the units and localities in carrying out the two projects.
He affirmed that with the high determination of the sector, and support from localities and people, the goal of issuing 50 million ID cards before July 1 will be fulfilled.
He asked members of the steering committee and leaders of units to direct more drastically the implementation of measures to clean up population data, and ensure technical and safety conditions when the national database on population is officially connected with other databases.
Under the Law on Citizen Identification in 2014, people from 14 years of age can obtain an ID card, which is then renewed when they turn 25, 40, and 60.
The national population database system is one of five databases that help form e-Government, while also serving as a basis to develop the digital economy and society and creating a premise for building other databases.
- Why 36 State Governments, FCT, should issue ID Cards
- Gun Store Ordered to Pay Nearly $6 Million to Wounded Officers
- Waitr raises nearly $50 million in stock sale, renegotiates debt
- Citizens help with police work
- No medical examination required for trans ID certificate, say draft rules
- India set to make PDS location-independent: NITI Aayog CEO at UN forum
- Evictions loom for millions of Americans unable to pay rent during the COVID-19 pandemic as eviction moratoriums expire - and data shows 22 million fear they won't make next month's rent
- Americans are rapidly shrinking their credit card debt during the pandemic
- 5 Lego challenges to make a stay-at-home summer fly
- Million Dollar Listing Los Angeles: Tracy Tutor shoots down rival David Parnes over stealing listing
- New hope for millions of Afghan refugees in Pakistan?
- Pandemic delays chip card conversion plans
Nearly 34 million citizens make chip-based ID cards have 322 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at May 5, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.