Xo said that under the order, motels, hotels and accommodation facilities across the country will be examined, while the border guards will increase border patrol, and the police will seek illegal immigrants and launch legal proceedings against them and brokers of illegal immigration.
Illegal immigrants who are negative to COVID-19 will be returned to the places they departed, while accommodation facilities violating relevant regulations will have their licenses revoked and receive administrative fines and even criminal punishments, he said.
According to the officer, since the beginning of the year, about 150,000 people have entered Vietnam, including 110,000 through land border gates, and 40,000 through flights.
Meanwhile, 39 localities nationwide have reported 199 cases with 1,343 illegal Chinese immigrants. The Ministry of Public Security prosecuted 49 cases with 141 defendants.
"It is crucial to drastically prevent illegal immigrants, as illegally entering Vietnam is violating the country's sovereignty, causing high risks of pandemic outbreaks and affecting the livelihoods of Vietnamese people," he stressed.
The officer added that the major method of organizing illegal entry into Vietnam is contacting those wishing to enter Vietnam through the Internet before transporting them to the country.
As Vietnam shares a long border with neighboring countries, it is easy to cross the land border, he said, adding that through the general examination campaign, localities will report to the ministry major methods of brokering illegal entry into Vietnam, thus put forth effective prevention and combat measures.
- DHS issues memos meant to crack down on illegal immigration
- Security official discusses illegal immigration from China
- 3 US citizens arrested in California for trying to smuggle in 52 illegal immigrants: officials
- HCM City detects 114 illegal entrants, mostly from China
- Watch–Trump Ad: Biden’s Amnesty Will Give American Jobs to Illegal Aliens
- Santa Cruz leaders slam feds over immigration detentions during gang operation
- Quảng Ninh arrests 11 people illegally entering Việt Nam
- Farage: Boris Lacks ‘Political Will’ to Stop Migrant Boats, Govt Should Declare ‘National Emergency’
- Trump’s Deportation Plan Sparks Fear, Drives Undocumented Immigrants Into Hiding
- Turkey refugee deal 'is ILLEGAL': UN Human rights groups warn that collective expulsion of foreigners is banned under international law
- German ambassador pick disparaged immigrants and refugees, called for martial law at US-Mexico border
- Texas Sheriff Stands Strong on Jail Immigration Program Despite Activists’ Pressure
National inspection drive aims to detect illegal immigrants have 369 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at June 9, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.