Hanoi (VNS/VNA) – More than 1.1 billion USD was spent on importing 49,360 completely built-up (CBU) vehicles in the four months of 2021 in Vietnam, a surge of 55.2 percent in volume and 57.2 percent in value over the same period last year, the General Statistics Office (GSO) has reported.
In April alone, 14,000 automobiles worth 292 million USD were imported. However, the import turnover of CBU vehicles in April declined against the previous month.
In March, the import of automobiles increased dramatically as more than 347 million USD worth of CBUs were brought into the country.
In the first quarter of 2021, 35,367 cars worth 770 million USD were imported, up 31.1 percent in volume and 35 percent in value against the same period last year.
Industry insiders said these figures could be seen as a positive signal as the local car market continues to struggle with the impact of COVID-19.
A report from the Vietnam Automobile Manufacturers' Association (VAMA) revealed that the total sales figure in the domestic automobile market in the first quarter this year reached 70,925 units, or a year-on-year increase of 36 percent.
Industry insiders attributed the surge to the increasing demand for transport and private use after the economy stalled due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The figure comprised 51,126 passenger cars, up 34 percent, 18,735 commercial vehicles, up 43 percent, and 1,091 special-use vehicles, up 17 percent.
In March alone, auto sales by VAMA members grew by 127 percent against February to 30,935.
Of these, 21,089 were passenger cars, 9,227 commercial vehicles, and 619 special-use vehicles.
Sales of domestically-assembled vehicles rose 99 percent month-on-month to 70,952, while those of completely-built-up (CBU) vehicles increased 177 percent against January to 13,795./.
- Trade surplus amounts to 10 billion USD by mid-August
- Indonesia records BoP surplus of 9.2 billion USD in Q2
- Export set to hit 340 billion USD in 2025
- Chinese firm invests 2.6 billion USD in lithium battery production in Indonesia
- Real estate bond issuances hit 2 billion USD in H1
- Domestic airlines ask for Gov’t loan of 1.17 billion USD
- Indonesia export-import revenue plummets in July
- India’s oil import bill seen rising 29% to $85-90 billion current fiscal
- Lucid Motors CEO gives us the details on the 400-mile Air electric car
- Covid-hit demand, low prices cut India's oil import bill 58% in July
- Imports of automobiles rise in July
- Maruti to roll out CNG models of all small cars
More than 1.1 billion USD spent on car imports in four months have 374 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at May 7, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.