Deputy Health Minister Do Xuan Tuyen on May 2 warned local administrations about the growing numbers of fresh domestic coronavirus cases and high risk of COVID-19 transmission across numerous localities following the end of the four-day national holiday running from April 30-May 3.
The ministry also suggested grinding to a halt to crowded events like festivals, walking streets, and night markets, while advising all citizens to strictly comply with anti-pandemic measures, with a particular focus on donning mask in public, duly punishing violators.
A number of high-risk localities have closed nonessential services in an effort the slow the spread of the coronavirus pandemic to the wider community.
After nearly two months without recording any new community infections, 24 have been detected by the health ministry since April 29 in four localities, including Ha Nam, Hanoi, Vinh Phuc and Ho Chi Minh City, with 18 connected to a Ha Nam man who returned from Japan and tested positive for the SARS-CoV-2 virus two days after finalizing 14-day quarantine period, and six having close contact with Chinese experts who tested positive after returning home from Vietnam.
- Louisiana Pastor Adds to Excuses for Holding In-Person Services Amid COVID-19
- Iran’s Defence Ministry Rolls Out Ionized Protective Masks Amid COVID-19 Pandemic
- UP man builds treehouse to maintain social distancing amid COVID-19 spread
- Colombian health workers protest delayed salaries amid COVID-19
- Punjab govt opens new markets to avoid crowding amid Covid-19 spread
- Feature: Israel suffers egg shortage amid COVID-19 spread
- DOJ: 'Expect action' on government regulation of religious services amid COVID-19 outbreak
- Price of electricity lower in two months amid Covid-19 pandemic
- Kenya’s Ministry of Health Ramps Up Testing to Contain Covid-19
- Covid-19 spread risks still warned despite new case decline
- Grab intensifies protection for driver-partners amid Covid-19
- Houston billionaire among those recognized for their acts of kindness amid COVID-19
Ministry of Health proposes shutdown of nonessential services amid COVID-19 spread have 294 words, post on vov.vn at May 2, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.