The Standing Board of the An Giang Party Committee held a conference on May 5 to announce the Politburo's decision on the assignment.
The event was attended by Politburo member and Head of the Party Central Committee's Organisation Commission Truong Thi Mai, Politburo member and Chief Justice of the Supreme People's Court Nguyen Hoa Binh, and Vice President Vo Thi Anh Xuan.
Under the Politburo's decision, Quang will resign as Standing Deputy Chief Justice of the Supreme People’s Court in order to join the Executive Board and the Standing Board of the An Giang Party Committee and serve as the committee's secretary.
At the conference, Mai praised the outstanding results achieved by An Giang in the 2015-2020 tenure, stating that the assignment of Quang aims to ensure the direct, comprehensive, regular and continuous leadership of the Politburo and the Party Central Committee's Secretariat over the An Giang Provincial Party Committee.
She congratulated Quang on his new position, voicing her expectation that he will continue to promote his capabilities and work closely with the Provincial Party Committee to lead the successful implementation of the resolution of the committee's 11 th congress, towards making An Giang one of the leading localities in terms of economic development in the Mekong Delta region by 2025.
Politburo member and Head of the Party Central Committee’s Organisation Commission Truong Thi Mai speaks at the conference. (Photo: VOV)
The Politburo member expressed her hopes that the An Giang Provincial Party Committee would uphold the sense of responsibility and solidarity and exert efforts to overcome difficulties to join with the new Secretary in effectively fulfilling their assigned tasks.
On the occasion, Mai also congratulated Vo Thi Anh Xuan on her election as Vice President and wished her further success in the new position.
For his part, Quang expressed his pleasure and honour at being assigned to the new task, promising to continue to build on and promote the province's development achievements of the past years, as well as to focus on directing the implementation of socio-economic development tasks in the coming time. In the Immediate future, An Giang will take proactive COVID-19 prevention and control measures and ensure the success of the elections of deputies to the 15 th National Assembly and all-level People's Councils for the 2021-2026 tenure.
- Resolution of Ha Giang Province’s Party Executive Committee Board on promotion of Ha Giang Tourism toward 2015
- Most newly elected provincial chairs born in the 60s
- Quang Ninh’s breakthroughs in investment attraction
- Quang Nam’s hydropower plants drive local residents from their land
- Kien Giang’s IPs and EZs Boosting Investment Promotion
- Two former senior officials proposed to be expelled from Party
- Quang Ninh’s FDI attraction thriving
- Honouring medal “For culture, sports and tourism” for 34 individuals in Bac Giang”
- Quang Binh province urged to fully tap local potential
- Party chief chairs press conference after conclusion of 12th Party Congress
- BUSINESS IN BRIEF 4/3
- Hoi An city twins with Germany’s Wernigerode
Le Hong Quang assigned as Secretary of An Giang Provincial Party Committee have 520 words, post on en.nhandan.org.vn at May 6, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.