These are two out of six metro trains HCM City is importing from Yamaguchi Prefecture-based Kasado Works for its metro line 1 development scheme, according to the municipal Management Authority for Urban Railways (MAUR).
The remaining four trains are set to be shipped to Vietnam in June and July, said the MAUR, adding that following customs clearance, the trains will be taken to Long Binh depot of Thu Duc city.
Japan's contractor Hitachi will be responsible for the safety, quality as well as transportation costs of the trains.
Previously, the first among 17 trains of metro line No.1 arrived at Khanh Hoi port in HCM City's District 4 in October 2020.
In the first phase, the MAUR will receive and operate a three-car train capable of carrying 930 passengers and running at a maximum speed of 110 km/h overground and 80 km/h underground.
The first train is expected to be given a trial run on Long Binh depot track by the end of this year at the earliest. After evaluation, the metro train will continue to be tested on the main line.
The six-car train will be tested from Binh Thai station to Van Thanh station for the second phase and from Van Thanh station to Ben Thanh station for the final phase.
The metro line No1 construction project is underway in HCM City, linking Ben Thanh market in District 1 and Suoi Tien Amusement Park in District 9.
The US$2.05 billion line is the first of at least six to be built in the city, aiming to ease traffic congestion in its north-east gateway.
- City, residents struggle to boost Dudley Square
- After surviving the bombing of Hiroshima, Jack Dairiki appreciates everyday life in The City
- Daily Business Report-Feb. 15, 2019, San Diego Metro Magazine
- Daily Business Report-March 4, 2019, San Diego Metro Magazine
- Daily Business Report-Feb. 26, 2019, San Diego Metro Magazine
- Daily Business Report-March 7, 2019, San Diego Metro Magazine
- Daily Business Report-March 8, 2019, San Diego Metro Magazine
- The Red Flags in the Purple Line Plans
- Another 'Summer of Hell'? NJ Transit train engineer shortage continues
- Daily Business Report-Feb. 5, 2019, San Diego Metro Magazine
- Project Connect Unveils Cap Metro's Orange Line
- Broken rail in NYC tunnel delays Metro-North trains
Japanese metro trains shipped for HCM City metro line No1 have 410 words, post on dtinews.vn at May 1, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.