Speaking to ANI, a senior BCCI official in the know of developments said that if the COVID-19 situation is under control in September, the 14th edition of the league can be completed.
“Why not? If the foreign players are available and the COVID-19 situation is in control, we can definitely look at that window before the T20 WC. It can in fact act as a good preparation ground for the showpiece event,” the official said.
The T20 World Cup is set to be played in India in October and November.
Asked about the situation with regards to the return of the foreign players who were part of the league, the official said: “As mentioned by BCCI earlier as well, it shall be ensured that all the players reach home safely. Planning is on and a clear picture will be out by tomorrow on their travel routes.”
Earlier in the day, BCCI Secretary
“The BCCI and the IPL GC have unanimously decided to postpone the 2021 season till further notice. We don’t wish to compromise the safety of the players, the people involved, the employees, the groundsmen, the match officials, every single person involved,” he told ANI.
SunRisers Hyderabad wicket-keeper Wriddhiman Saha tested positive on Tuesday morning after there were COVID-19 cases in two franchises on Monday. While two of the members of the
With Saha testing positive, the game on Tuesday evening between SRH and defending champions Mumbai Indians also needed to be postponed. This made matters worse as the game between RCB and KKR had already been postponed and the game between CSK and Rajasthan Royals was also set to be called off as the
- IPL best tournament to prepare for T20 World Cup, says Justin Langer
- No better tournament than IPL to prepare for T20 World Cup, claims AUS coach Langer
- IPL best tournament to prepare for T20 World Cup: Justin Langer
- MS Dhoni Will Get a Chance in ICC T20 World Cup 2020 Even if IPL Gets Cancelled, Says Childhood Coach Keshav Ranjan Banerjee
- IPL for five-weeks in lead up to T20 World Cup in Australia: Former England captain’s radical suggestion
- Michael Vaughan Suggests 'IPL For Five Weeks Leading up to The T20 World Cup'
- ICC discusses contingency plans for T20 World Cup in the Board meeting
- With Uncertainty Over IPL, Pat Cummins Hopes T20 World Cup Goes Ahead as Planned
- Women power: on ICC Women’s T20 World Cup
- Coronavirus: T20 World Cup: ICC postpones all qualifying events
- 9.02 million Viewers in India Tuned in to Watch 2020 Women's T20 World Cup Final
- ICC Men's T20 World Cup Organisers Not in Hurry to Make Decision Amid Coronavirus Pandemic
IPL 2021: BCCI open to playing remaining games in September as preparation ground for T20 World Cup have 645 words, post on bangaloremirror.indiatimes.com at May 4, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.