The event was held in response to World Red Cross and Red Crescent Day on May 8.
This year's Humanitarian Month is taking place from May 1-31 with a wide range of practical activities to encourage the whole society to join hands to build a community of solidarity, compassion, health and safety in the context of the COVID-19 epidemic.
At the launch event, the VRCS in Hanoi presented two Red Cross houses, each worth VND50 million, to two families living in difficult circumstances in My Duc and Quoc Oai districts, Hanoi.
The organizers also awarded 20 bicycles to 10 needy families and students in the city.
Also at the launching ceremony, the VRCS in Hanoi received funding worth over VND11 billion from associations and enterprises in the city to assist in the deployment of projects to support from 7,000 to 8,000 needy people; and build or repair 69 Red Cross houses.
- Elon Musk says the SpaceX Dragon Heavy 'megarocket' could blast off from from Cape Canaveral in just three months
- CT Institute For Communities Partners With Ann's Place In Danbury
- Take off! SpaceX successfully launches Dragon capsule for its 19th mission to ISS, carrying 5,700-pound payload that includes genetically-edited 'mighty mice'
- Startup Canoo opens waitlist for its luxury electric 'lounge car' which drivers can lease for a monthly subscription that includes insurance and maintenance
- One thing Harry and William DO have in common! Prince sported a rapidly growing bald patch at launch of 2021 Rugby League World Cup - after years of mocking his brother for his receding hairline
- Apple iPhones with zero ports may launch sooner than expected
- Obama portraits to go on year-long national tour in 2021
- Bushfire appeal launched to help children with disabilities recover sensory toys
- ‘Pillar of the community’: Victorian grandfather confirmed as fifth victim of state’s bushfires
- Incredible moment that SpaceX launches and then destroys a rocket in successful test of astronaut escape system - opening the way for crewed missions to the International Space Station by March
- KTM 390 Adventure Launched in India at Rs 2.99 Lakh, Bookings Start
- Proof that mothers CAN make a career comeback: Woman who gave up work at 25 to have children launches a beauty brand from her kitchen table aged 50 - and she's set to make £10 million this year
Humanitarian Month 2021 launched for a safe community have 365 words, post on en.nhandan.org.vn at May 5, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.