HCM City (VNS/VNA) – High schools in Ho Chi Minh City are offering more career guidance programmes to foster students' awareness about career choices and study plans.
Bui Thi Xuan High School in the city's district 1, for instance, earlier this month carried out a programme with businesses and career counselling specialists who shared information about the labour market.
Nguyen Duy Tam, deputy rector of the school, said the programme aimed to provide students with advice on choosing the career they desire.
In March, Nguyen Du High School in district 10 carried out a programme themed "Experience One Day as a Teacher" to help students understand the work and activities that teachers perform in a classroom setting.
The event attracted 197 students from all grades at the school.
Huynh Thanh Phu, rector of the school, said that students can learn about their core strengths and weaknesses in particular work environments. Many students became more confident about pursuing tertiary study at universities of education.
A Au Vocational Guidance School in HCM City offers the AAu Experience that includes on-site visits to school facilities and participation in demonstration classes as well as Q&A sessions with the school's lecturers to give students and parents an insight into prospective careers.
The programme has over the past years met the demand for career orientation at secondary schools, high schools, tertiary establishments, and social support establishments.
A representative at the A Au Vocational Guidance School said that updated information on the labour market should be part of career orientation programmes.
Amid the COVID-19 pandemic, many apps and software on career orientation have been launched.
Le Thi Thanh Mai, head of the enrolment department at Vietnam National University-HCM City, said that online channels offer useful information on career counselling and guidance for students and parents.
Career education is expected to be part of the educational curriculum at all secondary and high schools by 2025 as part of the Government-approved project on career education for high school students for the 2018-2025 period./.
- Nearly half of a Michigan high school's valedictorians since 2014 have come from the same family
- New Hampshire high school to hold graduation ceremony on a ski lift
- 2 Students Of South River High School Elected As State Officers
- Announcing CVSan's High School Scholarship Winners
- Jeffco Public Schools’ fall reopening plan offers first detailed glimpse at what school could look like in 2020-21
- National association issues three-phase guide for return of high school sports
- Mountain View High School Music Teacher Wrestles Tech to Keep Choir in Sync and Online
- How a young immigrant who was sacked after offering his boss advice did the unthinkable... and is now worth $66MILLION at the age of 30
- South Washington County Schools To Hold Virtual Graduation Ceremonies
- Greenwich Student Named 2020 Presidential Scholar
- MassBay Students Inducted To 2020 Phi Theta Kappa Team
- Chicago Schools Issue Grades, While Noble Network Will Automatically Promote Students In June
High school career-guidance programmes offer students practical advice have 509 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at May 30, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.