The development of public transport is also essential for curbing traffic congestion in the southern hub.
Statistics of the municipal Department of Transport showed that 2,043 buses are running on 127 routes in the city. Of them, 496 are CNG ones, which help reduce environmental pollution.
Deputy Director of the department Vo Khanh Hung said at present, PetroVietnam Gas (PVGas) South is the sole supplier which sets clean fuel prices. The prices often see upward trends, dealing a major blow to CNG bus investment.
In addition, there are only three CNG pump stations serving 180 vehicles per day.
To address the problem, the transport sector has rolled out various measures for clean-fuel vehicle development in the coming time.
The Transport Department is working with PVGas South and relevant agencies in simplifying administrative procedures for the building of new pump stations.
Local authorities have also mulled over electric bus development. Three routes have been piloted since 2017 and the city will test the vehicle for tourism purpose in Can Gio district.
Of note, the Government has allowed HCM City to pilot the use of large electric buses with a capacity of 60-70 passengers.
Meanwhile, the municipal People's Committee is advised to propose the Government promulgate policies and guide the locality to make planning on infrastructure system serving buses using clean fuel, along with incentives for investors./.
- Device that works like a lung makes clean fuel from water
- The electric vehicle revolution has a cobalt problem
- Clean vehicle rebate funding reinstated
- Engineers Develop Concept For Hybrid Heavy-Duty Trucks
- Self-driving cars should prioritise young lives, according to new global study
- BP invests in fast-charging electric vehicle technology
- Why hydrogen-powered cars, fuel cells could be a key part of Toyota's path to future
- Walsh: City not implementing congestion pricing anytime soon
- VW’s ‘Dieselgate’ Settlement Isn’t Buying Many Electric Vehicles
- 12 tips for spring cleaning your car
- Road Rave: The Coming Hydrogen Fuel Cell Evolution
- This hydrogen semi truck could help clean up Europe’s roads, if it gets built
HCM City prioritises clean-fuel vehicle development have 378 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at May 5, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.