Online electioneering helps protect the community amid the Covid-19 pandemic and remains an effective communication channel between voters and candidates ahead of the general elections.
General Secretary of the Communist Party of Vietnam (CPV) Nguyen Phu Trong and other candidates standing for the 15 th National Assembly election [term 2021-2026] under Hanoi's constituency No.1 on May 8 carried out online electioneering.
|Overview of the online electioneering. Photo: Kinhtedothi|
The online event was streamlined from the headquarter of Ba Dinh district People's Council to 53 wards under three districts of Ba Dinh, Dong Da and Hai Ba Trung with the participation of over 2,400 voters.
Meanwhile, those joined the face-to-face meeting were required to strictly comply with anti-Covid-19 measures by using hand sanitizers, keeping safe distance, wearing face masks and declaring health information.
"Amid the serious Covid-19 situation in Hanoi, the local authorities decided to hold the electioneering online," said Chairwoman of the Ba Dinh district Vietnam Fatherland Front.
On the past few days, other constituencies of No.3, 5 and 6 had also held online campaigning.
"Such format has been effective and helps protect the community by avoiding mass gathering during the pandemic," said Nguyen Thi Ngoc Diem, a voter at Nguyen Du ward, Hai Ba Trung district.
"Nevertheless, voters are still able to meet candidates, listen to their respective action programs and later exchange opinions," she added.
Chairwoman of the Vietnam Fatherland Front – Hanoi chapter Nguyen Lan Huong said online electioneering is a necessary step given the Covid-19 resurgence in a number of countries, including Vietnam.
"The government urges high alert in the Covid-19 fight, especially as the entire political system is preparing for the election of deputies for the 15 th National Assembly and all-level People's Councils for the 2021-26 period," said Huong.
On May 23, 2021, voters nationwide will go to the polls to elect members of the 15th National Assembly and the People’s Councils at all levels for the term 2021 – 2026.
Hanoi, the city of roughly 10 million people, has around 5.8 million voters.
- 729 citizens of Armenia to vote from abroad in upcoming general election
- Central Electoral Commission publishes proportional, district lists of candidates in general election
- Corbyn makes shock U-turn in granting Boris general election if Brexit deadline fails
- When is the next UK general election due to take place and how often do the votes have to be held?
- 967 inmates entitled to vote in general election – DOC
- Republicans unveil motto for general election
- Pashinyan heads Im Kayl (My Step) alliance electoral list for general election
- America’s midterm elections turn menacing
- Dashnaks choose MP Armen Rustamyan to lead party list for general election
- Nearly 56,000 registered voters for Tuesday's general election
- Would a successful leadership challenge mean a general election? If Theresa May is replaced will her successor be Prime Minister?
- Lib Dems select general election candidate to take on Nick Herbert in Arundel and South Downs seat
Hanoi’s candidates for upcoming general elections turn to online electioneering have 476 words, post on hanoitimes.vn at May 9, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.