Local authorities are stepping up their preparation for the upcoming general elections, with public health being a priority amid serious Covid-19 situation in the city.
Every voter should exercise their responsibilities in casting ballots to ensure the worthy candidates are elected and able to contribute for the city's socio-economic development.
|Chairman of the Hanoi People's Council and the city's Head of Election Committee Nguyen Ngoc Tuan at a polling station in Hang Bai ward, Hoan Kiem district. Photos: Kinhtedothi|
Chairman of the Hanoi People's Council and the city's Head of Election Committee Nguyen Ngoc Tuan stressed the view while inspecting the preparation process for upcoming election of deputies for the 15 th National Assembly and all-level People's Councils for the 2021-26 tenure at Hoan Kiem district today [May 6].
During the inspection, Vice Chairman of Hoan Kiem district People's Council Nguyen Thi Phuong Chung said the total number of voters in the district is estimated at over 128,000, while a steering committee to oversee the preparation process has also been set up.
"From 96 polling stations in the locality, voters would choose 32 deputies for the Hoan Kiem district People's Council," Chung informed.
|Tuan and the inspection team at a polling station in Ly Thai To ward, Hoan Kiem district|
According to Chung, since May 3, all wards within the district have been publishing short bios of candidates running for the National Assembly and all-level People's Councils for public review.
"Meetings between candidates and voters are set to take place from May 10-21 with strict anti-Covid-19 measures," Chung stressed.
As the election day [May 23] is approaching, Chairman Tuan requested the local authorities to ensure a fair, transparent and successful process, so that only the right candidates should be elected.
|Vice Secretary of the Hanoi Party Committee and Deputy Head of the city's election committee Nguyen Thi Tuyen at a polling station at 354 Hospital in Vinh Phuc ward|
On the same day, Vice Secretary of the Hanoi Party Committee and Deputy Head of the city's election committee Nguyen Thi Tuyen also led an inspection team to check on the preparation process at Ba Dinh district.
"Every voter have rights to cast their ballots," Tuyen noted, expecting the district's authority to raise public's awareness on the upcoming election.
"Strict measures against the Covid-19 pandemic are required to ensure election day – a great occasion for the society," Tuyen added.
|The inspection team checks on preparation process at a polling station in Lieu Giai ward|
On May 23, 2021, voters nationwide go to the polls to elect members of the 15th National Assembly and the People’s Councils at all levels for the term 2021 – 2026.
Hanoi, the city of roughly 10 million people, has around 5.8 million voters.
- L.A. County Supervisors Demand Answers Day After CBS2 Investigation Uncovers Deceased Voters Casting Ballots
- Former DHS Secretary Michael Chertoff says November election should "definitely" include mail-in ballots
- Wuhan lab head calls virus leak claims 'pure fabrication'
- Connecticut Gov. Lamont signs order allowing registered voters to cast absentee ballots in primary election during coronavirus
- Philadelphia Election Official Pleads Guilty To Stuffing Ballots In Return For Bribes
- Marblehead Election 2020: Three Contested Races On Ballot
- Wuhan lab head calls virus leak claims ‘pure fabrication’
- Michigan Gov. Whitmer pleads for federal aid from Trump to help deal with catastrophic '500-year flood' caused by dam breaches after the president threatened to cut funding because they sent voters mail-in ballot applications
- CBS2 Investigation Uncovers Votes Being Cast From Grave Year After Year
- Pennsylvania Official Says 1.6 Million Applications For Mail-In And Absentee Ballots Have Been Submitted For Primary
- US election 2020: Donald Trump claims mail voting will cause huge voter fraud
- Trump Will Drive Extraordinary Voter Turnout in 2020—If States Can Get It Together | Opinion
Hanoi election head calls for voters’ responsibilities in casting ballots have 636 words, post on hanoitimes.vn at May 6, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.