Dong is an employee at a mechanical workshop of the Minh Cuong Mechanics Construction – Trading Joint Stock Company. He had an occupational accident in 2020, suffering 41% health deterioration. Dong is now back to work at the workshop.
The VGCL President asked after and encouraged Dong, asking the company's leaders to continue caring for and arranging jobs suitable to Dong's health and to create favourable conditions for him in daily life and at work.
In May 2021, the VGCL is planning to visit and offer gifts, worth VND3.5 million each, to 20 families of workers with occupational accidents, sourced from the Labour Golden Heart Fund.
* A delegation from the Ministry of Health and the Vietnam Health Trade Union recently visited and presented gifts to employees with occupational diseases at the Central Lung Hospital
* In Hanoi, the People's Public Security Trade Union launched a campaign in response to the Workers' Month, the Action Month for Labour Safety and Hygiene and the Action Month for Environment 2021.
At the event, the Ministry of Public Security offered gifts to trade union members in difficulties and scholarships to children of disadvantaged trade union members. In addition, the executive board of the People's Public Security Trade Union signed a cooperation agreement with partners regarding the implementation of a welfare programme for workers and trade union members.
* The Labour Confederation of District 5 (Ho Chi Minh City) recently launched the 2021 Workers' Month. At the event, the confederation received a support funding to care for 500 needy employees and trade union members, while presenting gifts worth VND1 million each to 53 workers who have suffered workplace accidents and gifts worth VND2 million each to 14 trade union members with fatal diseases.
* At the launching ceremony of the Workers' Month 2021 for the Textile and Garment Trade Union, Secretary of the Party Committee and Chairman of the Board of Directors of Vietnam National Textile and Garment Group Le Tien Truong launched the movement "Building Happy Businesses" for the whole system. The movement has four criteria, including enterprises capable of caring for each employee and leaving no one behind, enterprises with skilled workers capable of contributing effectively to the development of the sector and units, management based on encouraging workers to self-consciously fulfil assignments, and enterprises only doing things generating added value and benefits for labourers.
* On May 1, the Labour Confederation of Kien Giang Province visited and presented gifts to 60 trade union members and employees working at the management board of Tac Cau Fishing Port, the canned fish factory of Kien Giang Trading JSC, the waste collection team of the Kien Giang Urban Development JSC, the Kien Giang General Hospital and the Kien Giang Obstetrics and Pediatrics Hospital.
- Women's union seeks support for female workers at IPs, EPZs
- Trade unions to help workers go home for Tet
- Xi urges breaking new ground in workers' movement, trade unions' work
- PSA Trade Unions Give The Nod To Merger With Fiat
- Online Fury as UK Trade Union Claims Anyone Can 'Self-Identify' as Black or LGBT
- Britain is locked in a low-wage, low-skill economy. This is a job for the unions
- Prime Minister Phuc presents Tet gifts to workers in Hai Phong
- Six myths about how the unions are ruining Britain
- NHS workers to be balloted on strike action over pay
- Unions threaten strike action over NHS pay settlement
- NHS workers back strike action in pay row by 2-to-1 margin
- Unions lobby investors to press Amazon over UK working conditions
Gifts and support offered to disadvantaged workers and trade union members have 569 words, post on en.nhandan.org.vn at May 2, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.