The rating reflects PV Power’s Standalone Credit Profile (SCP) of ‘BB’ which is on par with the IDR of its 80% parent, Vietnam Oil and Gas Group (PVN), which is also rated as 'BB' with a positive outlook. PV Power’s financial profile appears stronger than a ‘BB’ level, whilst its business profile is underpinned by stable and long-term power purchase agreements (PPA) due to EVN being the main off-taker. Indeed, PV Power’s positive outlook in its rating is in line with that of EVN’s rating, meaning EVN’s rating is a major constraint on PV Power’s SCP.
All rankings have been evaluated by Fitch Ratings in a thorough and objective manner over a period of time longer than one year. Through the assessment, PV Power has been able to display its potential, its ability, along with its future development orientation.
Despite facing numerous difficulties over the course of last year, along with the first half of this year due to the impact of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, PV Power has made every effort to ensure the stable, safe, and efficient operation of its power plants, thereby fulfilling all set targets.
Last year saw the company’s total commercial electricity output reach 19,166 billion kWh, meeting 103% of its plan for last year and earning VND30,246 billion in revenue in the process, fulfilling 107% of its plan.
With corporation’s pre-tax profit reaching VND 2,875 billion, it fulfilled 120% of its plan and contributed VND1,687 billion to the State budget, meeting 118% of the scheme.
After being given the international credit rating of “BB” with a positive outlook, PV Power has become the first Vietnamese electric power producer and the first PetroVietnam producer to carry an international credit rating.
The 'BB' credit rating with a positive outlook will therefore help PV Power to improve its ability to mobilise capital in international markets, whilst also diversifying capital mobilisation for investment projects.
Furthermore, this credit rating has also affirms PV Power’s strong business and financial situation, along with its positive business prospects in the future which will serve as the foundation that ensures the company’s financial and business capacity. This will contribute to winning the trust of shareholders, investors, and strategic partners.
- Sony, Panasonic downgraded to “junk” status by Fitch
- Fitch Cuts Lilly Rating
- Sun Debt Rating Downgraded to Junk-Bond Level
- 1,000,000 PS4 Units Sold in 24 Hours Give Much Needed Perspective to Reports of Bricked Consoles
- Silicon, Solar Power and Corporate Responsibility, Part 2
- Yahoo Gives Upbeat Outlook for Continued Growth
- CUPERTINO BUSINESS REPORT Will the Recession Give Birth to a Mac Netbook?
- FIFA 18 Chemistry Styles explained - the best FUT Chemistry Styles for each position
- Madden NFL 18 Highest Rated Players at Every Position in the Game
- Steam review bombing is working, and Chinese players are a powerful new voice
- Madden NFL 25 Be a Player Position Archetypes Breakdown
- Google Gives Newspapers Shot in Arm With Ad Service
Fitch Ratings gives PV Power ‘BB’ rating with positive outlook have 479 words, post on vov.vn at May 6, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.