Among the 40 local cases, 24 were detected in Hanoi, five in the central city of Da Nang, 4 in the northern province of Hung Yen, and each one in Hai Duong, Dien Bien, Ha Nam, Nghe An, Nam Dinh, Phu Tho, and Vinh Phuc provinces.
The six imported cases included two in Ho Chi Minh City, two in the central city of Da Nang , and each one in Quang Tri and Binh Thuan province.
The national tally has therefore reached a total of 3,137 infections, including 1,731 local cases. In the latest wave of outbreaks since April 27 a total of 161 cases have been detected.
Among the patients still receiving treatment, 24 have since tested negative for COVID-19 once, whilst 12 have tested negative twice, and 38 three times, while more than 42,290 people have been placed into quarantine across the country.
Amid the complicated nature of the COVID-19 pandemic, Deputy Minister of Health Nguyen Truong Son signed a document on May 7 to boost measures at healthcare facilities. This will require hospitals under the Ministry of Health, the health departments of centrally-run cities and provinces, the health agencies of sectors, and hospitals at universities, to further strengthen COVID-19 prevention measures at medical examination and treatment facilities.
The Ministry has also asked that health facilities swiftly review and fine tune their plans aimed at following COVID-19 pandemic prevention efforts in accordance with directions set out by the National Steering Committee for COVID-19 Prevention and Control.
Random COVID-19 testing should also be conducted periodically on medical staff at screening and quarantine areas, along with other high-risk areas. This is in addition to testing on patients being treated in emergency, emergency resuscitation, intensive care, and infectious disease units, along with those in other high-risk areas.
The same day saw Ho Chi Minh City order more non-essential services to shut from 6 p.m. due to the growing complexity relating to the COVID-19 pandemic situation.
The decision will be applied to indoor sports facilities, such as gyms, fitness centres, yoga centres, and billiard halls, wedding venues, buffet restaurants, dining establishments providing karaoke and sing along services, and karaoke parlours.
- Lakeland Bancorp Announces Fourth Quarter and Record Annual Results
- CORRECTING and REPLACING -- Lakeland Bancorp Announces Fourth Quarter and Record Annual Results
- Health department reports 2 cases of rat lungworm disease on Big Island
- Eighth case of rat lungworm in 2018 confirmed in infant
- Feds Expand Beef Recall as Salmonella Outbreak Broadens to 246 Cases in 26 States
- Diocese sex-abuse list includes priest at center of 2006 lawsuit, plaintiff speaks out
- Records reveal Russian asylum-seeker who died in Tacoma claimed to be a shaman fleeing prison torture
- Hawaiian Airlines logs record year
- First responders answer record number of emergency calls
- Mayor Jenny Durkan’s top staffers, consultants used private email accounts to discuss head-tax repeal, new records show
- UPDATE: Record-breaking snowfall drops 16.2 inches on city
- Rescia stabbing case in court
COVID-19: 46 further coronavirus cases recorded, including 40 local infections have 459 words, post on vov.vn at May 7, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.