Accordingly, all concentrated quarantine facilities have been told not to release people after they complete the 14-day quarantine period, and test negative for novel coronavirus twice.
This came after some people who completed their two-week duration tested positive for the virus after leaving quarantine sites.
The new quarantine measure is applied from 0:00 on May 4 until further notice from the National Steering Committee on COVID-19 Prevention and Control.
Most recently, an Indian expert, who works for local automaker Vinfast, has been confirmed with COVID-19 in Hanoi. The man, born in 1984, arrived in Vietnam on April 17 and was immediately put under 14-day quarantine at a hotel in Hong Bang district, the northern city of Hai Phong.
He tested negative for the virus twice during the mandatory quarantine period, and left for Hanoi on May 1 to stay with his wife and children at Park 10, Hoang Mai district's Times City.
Authorities are actively tracing people having close contact with him for COVID-19 test and quarantine to prevent the virus spreading further.
- Google users in Europe now have 14-day refund window for services purchased through Play Store
- Microsoft extends 90-day free Windows 7 enterprise trial until end of 2010
- Why a 'period leave' policy in Australia is stirring debate
- Do You Know As Much About Your Period As You Think You Do?
- Motorola Singapore: Staff quarantined in 'killer flu' scare
- Measles quarantine issued at two California universities
- Defence equipment production made easy; commerce ministry to give licences
- Period pain linked to nearly 9 days of lost productivity a year
- What is the best way to extend the lifespan of bread?
- Study: 5 ways to extend your life by a decade
- The best deals for Amazon's Digital Day bonanza [Deals and Steals]
- England vs Australia 1st Test Day 4 Highlights, Ashes 2019: Steve Smith Puts Australia On Top, England Face Uphill Task
Concentrated quarantine period extended beyond 14 days: ministry have 297 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at May 6, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.