Vinh Hoan Corporation (VHC) posted a loss of 14 per cent in profit after tax despite a gain of 27 per cent in gross profit.
In the quarterly financial report, VHC said that its net revenue increased 9 per cent year-on-year to over VND1.78 trillion in the first quarter. The gross profit also posted a gain of nearly 27 per cent to nearly VND273 billion.
During the period, its revenue from financial activities fell 31.6 per cent against the same period last year to VND37.6 billion, while sales expenses and general and administrative expenses rose sharply.
Of which, sales expenses rose 130.5 per cent year-on-year to VND89.5 billion, and general and administrative expenses were 20 per cent higher than that of last year.
Higher costs led to a fall of 14 per cent in VHC’s profit after tax to VND131 billion in the first quarter.
The company said that the loss was due to higher expenses, which mainly were freight costs.
In a recent report prepared for the 2021 Annual General Meeting, VHC set consolidated revenue of VND8.6 trillion in 2021, up 22 per cent year-on-year, with profit after tax declining 3 per cent to VND700 billion. — VNS
- Cigna ACA expansion plans stall as profits fall
- Samsung Expects 60 Percent Drop In Profit For Q3 2014
- WellPoint Q1 profit plunges 21%
- Aetna Q3 profits rise despite increased medical costs
- Ascension Health reports Q1 losses of almost $90M
- Samsung's 4Q Profit Hit By Slowing Mobile Growth
- 4 countries where hospital administration costs are lower than the US
- Bharti Airtel's profits hit by Africa acquisition
- Apple’s Q1 2017: Records for the iPhone and services, but the iPad still struggles
- Apple Q1 profits boom as iPhone shipments double
- Guru Pans: 14 Stocks To Steer Clear Of In 2014
- IBM Q1 profit and sales grow
Vinh Hoan's profit falls 14% in Q1 on higher freight costs have 285 words, post on bizhub.vn at April 22, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.