A shopping mall operated by Vincom Retail in HCMC's Binh Thanh District. Photo by Shutterstock/David Bokuchava.
The company's Q1 revenues increased 32 percent year-on-year to VND2.2 trillion, it said in its financial statement.
Income from leasing activities (rents at retail malls) accounted for 77 percent of the total revenue.
It claims to have served 36.8 million visitors in its shopping malls in the first quarter, a 360 percent surge over the same period last year.
Many brands have opened new stores in its Vincom shopping malls in Q1, including fashion brand Hennes & Mauritz (H&M), jewelry brand Pandora and Chinese hot-pot chain Haidilao. This is an indicator that the retail industry is reviving as the pandemic is contained, the company said.
It currently operates 80 shopping malls in 43 cities and provinces with an approximate floor area of 1.7 million square meters.
- Amcom posts profit surge
- China's industrial profit surges 13.9 pct in March
- Netezza's TwinFin fuels profit surge
- Google’s Profits Surge In Second Quarter
- Microsoft profits surge, 75% earnings jump
- Apple close to opening retail stores
- Banks post high profits in 2018
- Hundreds of Waitrose jobs may go as retailer plans six store closures
- Shrink Busters: How IT Is Helping Retailers Fight Theft
- JD.com results beat expectations with record quarterly profits
- Report: Android accounts for 39 pct of tablet market
- Japanese retail investors are major force in Bitcoin boom
Vincom Retail records 58.7 pct profit surge have 218 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at April 29, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.