Vietnamese Prime Minister Pham Minh Chinh held phone talks with his Singaporean counterpart Lee Hsien Loong on Tuesday, the Vietnam Government Portal reported.
During the conversation, PM Lee offered his congratulations to the newly-elected Vietnamese government leader and praised Vietnam's successful organization of the 13th National Party Congress, effective management of the COVID-19 pandemic, as well as socio-economic development and foreign affairs.
The premier affirmed that Singapore gives high priority to fostering relations with Vietnam.
PM Chinh thanked PM Lee for his congratulatory message and expressed his wish to work closely with the Singaporean leader to further strengthen the Vietnam-Singapore strategic partnership across all fields.
The two premiers rejoiced at the positive developments in bilateral cooperation despite the COVID-19 pandemic.
In 2020 and the first quarter of 2021, Singapore was the largest foreign investor in Vietnam, while the Vietnam-Singapore Industrial Park (VSIP) model is operating very effectively, becoming a symbol for the success in economic collaboration between the two countries.
The leaders agreed to enhance cooperation in such fields as finance, information technology, agro-fisheries, education and training, infrastructure, clean energy, smart city development, digital economy and digitization, economic management, and human resource training.
Both sides will also boost coordination in response to the COVID-19 epidemic, facilitate the repatriation of citizens, and promote the negotiation on travel regulations between the two countries to enhance trade, investment, and tourism cooperation.
PM Chinh applauded the close and effective cooperation between both sides at regional and international forums.
He thanked Singapore for having supported Vietnam during its ASEAN chairmanship in 2020, asking the city-state to continue backing Vietnam in fulfilling its role as a non-permanent member of the United Nations Security Council in 2021.
The Vietnamese PM took the occasion to invite his Singaporean counterpart to visit Vietnam at an appropriate time.
PM Lee also expressed his wish to welcome PM Chinh on a visit to Singapore in the near future.
- Texas Gov. Abbott's 'historic' talk with Indian prime minister includes defense, health care, energy
- Indian Prime Minister To Visit China This Week As Rapprochement Gathers Pace
- Who's next? Leaders to discuss next Commonwealth head
- Trump delivered Japan a huge win on one part of the US's upcoming talks with North Korea
- TECH TREK Schmidt Talks North Korea on Google+
- Apple reportedly in talks to manufacture devices in India
- Trump Meets with Japanese PM Shinzo Abe at Mar-a-Lago Resort
- Japan Fears Trump Could Link Security With Trade At Summit With Abe
- Scandals gain traction, damage Abe’s standing in Japan
- Trump meets with Japan's Abe at Mar-a-Lago -- live stream
- PODCAST Porn, the UK and Search Engines' 'Moral Duty'
- Saudi Arabia’s powerful crown prince is meeting with everyone from Trump and Mattis to The Rock and Oprah on a crazy US tour
Vietnamese, Singaporean prime ministers discuss bilateral ties during phone talks have 463 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at April 21, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.