Book "Su bat dau cua nuoc" by Vietnamese poet Tran Le Khanh has been now available in the US book market under the name of "The beginning of water".
The bilingual Vietnamese – English book is a collection of Khanh's short poems. (Photo:nongnghiep.vn)
The bilingual Vietnamese – English book is a collection of Khanh's short poems. It was translated into English by US poet Bruce Weigl, who has strong links with Vietnamese authors, and is considered a bridge between Vietnamese and US literature.
The poems were issued in the US by White Pine, an independent literary publisher that has been publishing quality poetry and prose since 1974.
Khanh, born in 1971 in the northern province of Hoa Binh, currently lives and works in Ho Chi Minh City. Since 2016, he has published five books, and some of his poems have been adopted for music by composer Quoc Bao.
Before engaging in literature and art, he started the career as a financial analyst certificated by the Chartered Financial Analyst Institute (US) and the HCM City Economy University.
He focuses on two genres of poetry, free style and luc bat (six-eight-word distich metre, a traditional verse form in Vietnamese poetry).
According to Chairman of the Vietnam Writers' AssociationNguyen Quang Thieu, he found fresh things and a different spirit in Khanh's poetry.
Khanh follows minimalism with short sentences,Thieu said, adding his single words are like seeds growing in the souls of readers, small seeds that will turn into a big green tree.
Khanh's poems are precise, giving clear images and messages with truthful emotion. And there is always a philosophy inside those words, said Thieu.
Khanh breathes a fresh air into Vietnamese literature, and his "su bat dau cua nuoc" fascinates readers in the US a lot. Earlier, most of the Vietnamese poems published in the US were about wars, and they were written by war veterans as a way to heal sorrows caused by conflicts between the two nations./. VNA
- Megan Rapinoe stars as USA hang on in thriller to beat France and reach World Cup semi-final against England
- Vietnam the world's next growth market: SeekingAlpha
- Young Vietnamese comic artist illustrates 4,000 years of history
- Int’l workshop on Vietnam’s role in the contemporary world opens in Moscow
- Tracking Irma: as it reaches Florida, latest path forecast and damage summary
- Cambodia’s wet season rice yield expected to reach 8.5 million tonnes
- Quarter of World's Population Won't Access COVID Vaccine Until 2022
- World is approaching coronavirus tipping point, say experts
- Quarter of world's population will not get Covid vaccine until 2022, experts warn
- World Bank Urges China Not to Withdraw COVID-19 Relief Stimulus as 'Precarious' 2021 Outlook Looms
- Want my book to reach to people who don’t read poems: Arun Kumar on ‘Mantram Beach’
- Last moments of migrants in Essex lorry horror: Chilling photos show how 39 Vietnamese victims slashed air holes in trailer as floor plan reveals bodies piled up inside - after two men are convicted of their manslaughter in £1m people smuggling ring
Vietnamese poetry reaches out to the world have 504 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at April 29, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.