More than 13,200 people were found entering and exiting Vietnam illegally along the country's borders with China, Cambodia, and Laos between January and March, according to the Border Guard Command.
During the three-month period, border guard officers in Vietnam discovered a total of 2,447 border-crossing cases.
In March alone, 1,127 people were caught illicitly traveling between Vietnam and Cambodia.
Vietnamese authorities have begun legal proceedings against 61 of the violators, imposed administrative fines on 7,047, and put 11,811 in quarantine for COVID-19 prevention and control.
Speaking during a teleconference on illegal immigration on Wednesday afternoon, Major General Le Duc Thai, commander of the Vietnam Border Guard, requested functional forces beef up patrol and control tasks at border gates, small trails, open routes, and canals in border areas and along waterways, with a particular focus on the regions sharing a border with Laos and Cambodia.
The commander demanded checks and reviews of the arrangement of task forces at station posts throughout the border be undertaken to ensure that 100 percent of border guard officers are on 24-hour standby.
Thai also required border guard units in Kien Giang, Ca Mau, and Bac Lieu Provinces coordinate closely with relevant naval forces to prevent illegal entries and exits via Vietnam's southwest sea waters.
- Trump calls some criminal illegal immigrants "animals," suggests Oakland mayor obstructed justice
- Vietnam extends visa exemption programme
- Sweden to work closely with Vietnam on complex issues: Swedish Ambassador
- Building a rule-of-law state is Vietnam's top priority
- Riot cops march through Hong Kong using tear gas to stop fresh protest outside a police station after two nights of chaos and threat of China sending in troops after military convoy was spotted at a sports stadium near the border
- Vietnam rages against drunk driving as death toll mounts
- Bong Mieu exit causes golden headache for local authorities
- 8,000 march in Hanoi against drunk driving
- Vietnam values traditional friendship with Belarus: Top legislator
- India's West Bengal chief minister takes out march against new citizenship law
- Liberals Immediately Politicize Death Of Young Guatemalan Girl Whose Parents Entered U.S. Illegally
- Vietnam needs little more time to achieve 90-90-90
Vietnam stopped over 13,200 people from entering, exiting Vietnam illegally in January-March have 356 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at April 29, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.