Addressing the Boao Forum for Asia, the president emphasized that the two countries are close neighbors and have worked together on tackling the Covid-19 pandemic, maintain economic growth and become bright spots in the region and the world.
He said Vietnam wishes to enhance comprehensive, effective, equal and mutually beneficial cooperation with China so that the two nations could overcome the pandemic together, maintain a peaceful and stable environment and work to strengthen bilateral relations.
In the context of the world facing unprecedented challenges, Phuc said that no country can address them on their own. Only cooperation and solidarity can bring success, he said.
Countries need to join hands in action for inclusive, sustainable and safe development for all, he added.
The Vietnamese president highlighted a number of areas that countries need to pay special attention to, including promoting cooperation in pandemic control, ensuring vaccine access at reasonable cost, guaranteeing macroeconomic stability, facilitating trade and investment, securing supply chains, boosting production and creating jobs, mobilizing resources for sustainable and inclusive economic development, and building synchronous and developing human resources for digital transformation.
The four-day annual conference from Sunday to Wednesday is being held both online and offline in Boao, a coastal city in the southern Chinese province of Hainan.
Themed “A World in Change: Join Hands to Strengthen Global Governance and Advance Belt and Road Initiative (BRI) Cooperation,” the conference will discuss several topics including carbon neutrality, climate change and digital economy.
The Boao Forum for Asia is an international organization jointly initiated by 29 member states. It holds its annual conference in Boao. The founding purpose of the forum is to promote economic integration in Asia. It has since said the mission is to pool positive energies for the development of Asia and the world.
- How will India-China relations progress after the Galwan Valley incident? | The Hindu In Focus podcast
- Manmohan Singh's speech on India-China relations at the Central Party School, Beijing
- 'No Turning Back' U.S.-China Relations Under Biden, Taiwan Security Analyst Says
- Top Vietnamese leader affirms maintaining peaceful, stable, cohesive and united ASEAN region
- Vietnam backs peaceful settlement of maritime disputes
- Vietnam seeks investment, business chances in Ukrainian province
- Chinese expert highlights Vietnam’s role in ASEAN
- VIETNAM NEWS NOVEMBER 14 (updated hourly)
- Russian jurist urges Vietnam to seek international support on South China Sea
- US, ASEAN reaffirm importance of rule of law in South China Sea
- Vietnam stresses need to observe law of the sea at UNSC’s open debate
- Pakistan Helps US Forge Afghan Peace Deal But Won't Sacrifice Strategic Ties With China, Author Says
Vietnam seeks peaceful, stable China relations have 419 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at April 20, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.