|International lenders signing the credit facility to support VietinBank Securities|
VietinBank securities has received additional funding support with the recent signing of $60 million of syndicated loans, following a $30 million facility just a month ago.
On April 15, a consortium of major international lenders operating in Vietnam – Woori Bank Vietnam (Bac Ninh Branch), Taipei Fubon Commercial Bank Vietnam, and Cathay United Bank Vietnam – has inked an agreement to facilitate $60 million for the additional financial needs of VietinBank Securities.
In particular, Woori Bank Vietnam (Bac Ninh Branch) specifically provided $50 million, while Taipei Fubon and Cathay United provided $10 million altogether.
Last month, a group of four Taiwanese lenders – the Union Bank of Taiwan, Taichung Commercial Bank Co., Ltd.'s Labuan branch, Taishin International Bank, and Huanan Commercial Bank – also rolled out a $30 million syndicated loan with a 12-month tenure for VietinBank Securities.
"We firmly believe that $90 million of high-profile syndicated loans would bring about more additional capacity for us to increase our foothold in Vietnam's equity market and access to more potential customers," noted Ho Thi Thu Hien, chairwoman of the board at VietinBank Securities.
On the same note, Lee Myoung Ho, Woori Bank Vietnam (Bac Ninh Branch) director and chief representative, applauded the brokerage's vast potential and how the syndicated loans could pave the way for the company to bolsters its strength thanks to the competitive capital.
"Woori Bank is one of the largest South Korean banks with extensive years of experience in providing top-notch financial services. With our vast experience, we believe in VietinBank Securities' strong standing and impressive performance in the past year," he told VIR .
The deal is envisaged to lay concrete foundations for the company to boost its activities related to international loan advisory and financing arrangements.
At the signing ceremony, VietinBank Securities also connected businesses in various areas, such as Novaland Group, Minh Phu Seafood Group, Viet Hung Industrial Investment JSC, Louis Agro Group JSC, and other enterprises.
As one of the eldest, most experienced seven brokerage companies in the country, VietinBank Securities – as a part of state-owned lender VietinBank – has a proven customer-centric approach, with a wide range of tailored financial services such as underwriting-capital raising, mergers and acquisitions advisory, and asset management, to name a few.
By Luu Huong
- South Eastern Coalfields’, Rail JV secures almost Rs 4000 crore loan from SBI-led consortium
- Vietnam’s Techcombank raises $500mn in inaugural syndicated offshore loan facility
- Techcombank raises US$500 million in its inaugural syndicated offshore loan facility
- BOI secures €1bn to grow Small, Medium enterprises
- China's Tianqi Lithium talking to banks about easing loan terms
- Ministry to loosen credit quota for securities
- Finance Ministry to loosen credit quota for securities
- World Bank approves $1bn to support India's fight against COVID-19
- View: Why a new 'Bad Bank' when there are 28!
- Smallest businesses get a few hours at head of loan line
- CEO, banks honoured at leadership awards ceremony
- Rs 414 cr loan default, lookout circular: Here’s what you need to know about SBI complaint
VietinBank Securities bags $90 million syndicated loans from international banks have 495 words, post on www.vir.com.vn at April 16, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.