Viet Capital Bank's first quarter profit doubled year-on-year to VND152 billion (US$6.6 million).
Its assets at the end of the quarter were worth nearly VND62 trillion ($2.68 billion), an increase of 16 per cent. Deposits and loans outstanding rose 15 per cent and 20 per cent to VND55 trillion and VND42 trillion.
Retail activities grew sharply, and contributed nearly 50 per cent of first quarter earnings.
Profit from bancassurance and card businesses were up two times and 2.5 times.
The bank also focuses on improving its risk management capacity.
Recently it received approval from the State Bank of Vietnam to open four new branches and 19 transaction offices, bringing the total number of outlets to 110 in 30 provinces and cities. — VNS
- BIDV reports 11% increase in 2018 pre-tax profit
- Techcombank to maintain position as leading private bank with deep-rooted retail network: S&P
- Kincentric Best Employers Malaysia 2020 recognizes five outstanding organizations
- Việt Nam's human capital index improves
- US’ branding of Viet Nam as currency manipulator biased: experts
- Commercial bank rush to list on stock exchanges
- Commercial banks rush to list on stock exchanges
- Retail NPAs to be higher in H2FY21, to return to pre-COVID levels in FY22: Axis Bank
- HCMC’s second metro line project on verge of capital shortage
- Large growth potential for Vietnam banking services in long-term
- REPORT: As Food Donations Fall, 250,000 Could Face Hunger In DC Region Due To Coronavirus
- Rediscovering development banks
Viet Capital Bank reports outstanding results in Q1 have 242 words, post on bizhub.vn at April 29, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.