Two people died in a fight between two groups of people after a karaoke stint in southern Vietnam on the weekend, according to local police.
Police officers in Binh Duong Province said on Sunday that they are working on a case where two people were killed in a confrontation on Saturday night.
The dead were identified as Thach Chien and Thach Chum Rone.
Early reports said that a man, only known as Thanh, and some friends came to Thanh Phuoc Ward, Tan Uyen Town for a karaoke spree.
Thanh was waiting for his friends in front of the karaoke parlor after the singing stint when he saw a group of men looking at him.
When his friends went out from the parlor, Thanh and one of them chased after the group to "have a word," as he believed that they had "cursed" him.
Both sides engaged in a violent fight, causing two people from the group to die.
Thanh's friend, identified as Quyenh, was badly injured while two others from the group also sustained injuries.
Police officers in Tan Uyen are hunting for Thanh and other escapees.
- Vietnam closely co-operate with UN to combat bird flu
- Man on slashing spree in central Vietnam was high on cough medicine: police
- Trial of Vietnam cop who shot boss dead suspended
- Alan Phan tells Vietnam to leave property market to fall
- A daughter's Vietnam return forces a father to confront his past
- Vietnam domestic sector needs a survival strategy
- Image: Record cold in North Vietnam making life miserable
- Image: Cattle killed and crops damaged by cold weather in northern Vietnam
- Drug use on the rise in Vietnam
- Vietnam's parliament confronts police torture for first time
- Challenges confront seafood exports
- Traffic cop allegedly shoots colleagues in Vietnam
Two die in confrontation after karaoke spree in Vietnam have 304 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at April 11, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.