HCM CITY — The HCM City Tourism Department has asked travel operators, hotels, and tourist attractions and services to strengthen measures to prevent COVID-19 amid the serious outbreaks that are occurring globally.
Under the direction of the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism and the municipal People's Committee, tourism-related activities in HCM City must comply with regulations and oversight of the city's Centre for Diseases Prevention and Control.
Nguyễn Thị Ánh Hoa, director of the city's Department of Tourism, said that inspectors have tightened oversight of safety measures to prevent COVID-19 at tourist accommodations this week.
The strengthened measures are designed to raise awareness about illegal entries from abroad at tourism accommodations, Hoa said.
Travel operators and tourist attractions have been asked to strictly follow measures against COVID-19 to ensure safety for tourists and visitors during the Reunification Day (April 30) and International Labour Day (May 1) holidays, she said.
The department in coordination with the Department of Health recently has worked with representatives of travel firms, accommodations and tourist attractions to discuss recommendations on addressing cases that test positive for COVID-19.
The department has launched a communication campaign with promotions and new tours to boost domestic travel for the upcoming national holidays and summer vacations.
Three to five-star hotels in the city are offering 40-65 per cent discounts for individuals and groups. The communication campaign runs until August 15. — VNS
- Ethiopia: Ministry Developing Cities, Towns Tourist Attractions
- New grotto on Vietnam’s UNESCO-recognized karst plateau a promising tourist attraction
- The Banda Islands: From tragedy to tranquil tourist attraction
- Central Coast’s Khánh Hòa seeks to lure global travel community
- EXCLUSIVE: More Chinese tourists expected due to Alibaba
- Azerbaijan advised to attract Indians, Chinese to develop mass tourism
- Zimbabwe: Vic Falls Tourist Arrivals Surge 20,7pc
- Tourist sector set to attract 7 million int’l visitors
- Crackdown on British tourists’ phony food poisoning claims in Spain
- Nigeria's Power Sector Still Attractive to International Investors, Fashola Claims
- Celebrate! 9 European Festivals Worth Traveling For
- 14 people reported killed in 36 hours in Cancun near tourist destinations
Travel operators, tourist attractions tighten COVID-19 measures have 348 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at April 29, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.