Shares extended gains on Tuesday thanks to the outperformance of some individual large-cap stocks.
The market benchmark VN-Index on the Ho Chi Minh Stock Exchange (HoSE) closed the session at 1,268.28 points, up 0.61 per cent or 7.7 points.
The market breadth was negative as 187 stocks gained while 227 stocks decreased during the session. The market’s liquidity stayed high with over 843.6 million shares traded on the southern bourse, worth VND23.1 trillion (US$1 billion).
"VN-Index remained in green for most of the session and is currently close to the threshold of 1,270," said BIDV Securities Co.
"On the market, investment cash flow decreased slightly. Meanwhile, foreign investors were net sellers on both HoSE and HNX.
"Besides, market breadth turned to equilibrium with increased liquidity compared to the previous session.
"According to current assessments, the VN-Index is likely to consolidate in the 1,260-1,280 zone in the next sessions," it said.
Foreign investors net sold VND553.02 billion on HOSE, including Vinhomes (VHM) (VND340.4 billion), Vinamilk (VNM) (VND129.4 billion) and Vietinbank (CTG) (VND117.7 billion). They were net sellers on the HNX with a value of VND5.49 billion.
The VN30-Index gained 0.49 per cent, or 6.46 points, to finish Tuesday’s trade at 1,312.68 points. Fourteen of the 30 biggest stocks in the VN30 basket increased while 15 declined.
Among the gainers were Phat Dat Real Estate (PDR), Vietcombank (VCB), Vinhomes (VHM), Mobile World Group (MWG), Vinamilk (VNM) and Khang Dien House (KDH), gaining over 3 per cent.
The banking group also rose strongly with Vietcombank (VCB), Vibank (VIB) and Saigon-Hanoi Bank (SHB) gaining over 2 per cent.
On the Ha Noi Stock Exchange, the HNX-Index gained by 0.25 per cent to close Tuesday at 296.48 points.
Nearly 160.4 million shares were traded on the northern exchange, worth VND3 trillion. — VNS
- India Markets Weekahead: Time to invest in mid-cap and small-cap...
- Sacramento will have faster apartment growth than any large U.S. city, analyst predicts
- EMERGING MARKETS-Argentine stocks again rally in bullish day across LatAm
- ASX poised to open firmer as European shares climb for seventh week
- PSBs extend rally; Nifty PSU bank surges 13% in six days
- Is This Stock The 'Apple' Of The Medical Research Gear Group?
- ASX poised to edge higher, jobs report ahead
- U.S. stocks end choppy day slightly lower amid trade jitters
- What a stronger dollar means for investors
- This Chinese IPO Stock Breaks Out; Apple Holds Steady As Stock Market Trims Losses
- The Hitler Diaries: How hoax documents became the most infamous fake news ever
- ASX poised to lift, budget in focus
Shares rally on the rise of large-caps have 434 words, post on bizhub.vn at April 21, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.