The one-kilometer pedestrian zone spanning Phan Boi Chau to Dong Hai streets will open from 6 p.m. to midnight on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays as well as holidays, according to the provincial People’s Committee.
The launch of the pedestrian zone is part of authorities’ efforts to diversify tourist services and develop the local night-time economy.
From April 23 to May 2, the central province will host a tourism week with a range of activities including a street carnival, street music shows and traditional boat racing on Nhat Le River to attract tourists and improve revenues after more than a year of Covid-19 impacts.
Quang Binh, a popular tourist attraction, is home to UNESCO heritage site Phong Nha-Ke Bang National Park and often referred to as the “Kingdom of Caves” as it boasts many limestone caves including Son Doong, the world's largest.
In July 2020, the government approved a master plan for night-time economy development in the country, allowing major cities like Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City and Da Nang as well as other tourist destinations like Hoi An, Hue, Da Lat and Phu Quoc to pilot night-time services from 6 p.m. to 6 a.m.
Hanoi, HCMC, Quang Ninh, Hue and Hoi An are among those now piloting night-time services.
- Fast-growing Binh Duong appeals to local, foreign investors
- Quy Nhon and Quang Nam take the baton
- Hoa Binh city completes new-style rural building programme
- Hoa Binh hosts culture and tourism week
- Over 24 million Vietnamese students enter new academic year
- Smart tourism: an inevitable trend
- Management unit to be set up at Van Don economic zone
- Hòa Bình hosts culture and tourism week
- “Golden week” to stimulus tourism in Thua Thien-Hue
- Hoi An pedals toward becoming Vietnam’s ‘city of bikes’ with new cycling street
- Forum looks to boost northern coastal region’s competitiveness
- Thu Thiem New Urban Area project likely on NA agenda
Quang Binh to open new pedestrian zone to boost tourism have 304 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at April 22, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.