President Phuc was among 40 world leaders invited to join the summit, which runs on April 22-23 and is live streamed for public viewing.
The event aims to galvanize efforts that keep a goal of limiting planetary warming to 1.5 degrees within reach in line with the 2015 Paris Agreement on climate change. It also highlight examples of how enhanced climate ambition will create good paying jobs, advance innovative technologies, and help vulnerable countries adapt to climate impacts.
As part of the summit, the Vietnamese leader will attend and deliver a speech at a session on the economic opportunities of climate action scheduled for April 23, together with Biden, the Spanish Prime Minister, and the Presidents of Nigeria and Poland.
- North Korea Open To Trump Summit ‘At Any Time,’ It Says
- Bush to attend Olympics opening ceremony
- WATCH: John Oliver Destroys Olympics Opening Ceremony, NBC Coverage
- Journalists attending the Trump-Putin summit had terrible digital OPSEC
- President Trump cancels planned peace summit with North Korea
- Abu Dhabi Film Fest: Forest Whitaker Takes Center Stage at Opening Ceremony
- Greta Thunberg Berates Leaders As UN Climate Summit Falls Short
- Trump briefly pops into U.N. climate summit after expected snub
- AP Photos: Youths worldwide call for action on climate
- Trump-Kim summit: North Korean leader to talk denuclearization
- Fighting climate change in this city comes with a hefty price tag
- Kim Jong Un and President Donald Trump will discuss 'denuclearization' during summit
President attends opening ceremony of Leaders Summit on Climate have 223 words, post on en.nhandan.org.vn at April 22, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.