The National Assembly (NA) on April 8 approved a resolution ratifying the Prime Minister's proposal on the appointment of two Deputy Prime Ministers. (Photo: VNA)
The procedure was conducted as part of the 14th National Assembly's ongoing 11th session.
Le Minh Khai and Le Van Thanh officially became new Deputy PMs for the 2016-2021 tenure after the resolution was passed by the 14th legislature with "yes" votes from 455 out of 459 participating lawmakers, equivalent to 94.79 percent of the total number of NA deputies.
Khai, born in 1964, is a member of the Party Central Committee in the 12th and 13th tenures, Secretary of the 13th-tenure Party Central Committee, and deputy to the 14th NA.
Thanh, born in 1962, is also a member of the Party Central Committee in the 12th and 13th tenures, and deputy to the 12th legislature.
At the working session, NA Chairman Vuong Dinh Hue said he believed that Khai and Thanh will make greater efforts to excellently fulfill tasks in their new posts assigned by the Party, State and people.
The 11th session, the last sitting of the 14th NA, is scheduled to wrap up latter on April 8./.
- Article of Deputy Prime Minister-Foreign Minister Pham Binh Minh on ASEAN’s cooperation to combat COVID-19
- Who is Dominic Raab and is he the Deputy Prime Minister?
- A whole battle ahead: Deputy Prime Minister
- Coronavirus debate turns to asylum seekers on Q+A as former deputy prime minister John Anderson causes a stir
- Coronavirus: British Prime Minister Boris Johnson moved out of intensive care unit
- Coronavirus: British Prime Minister Boris Johnson recovering on ward after being moved out of intensive care unit
- Coronavirus | Prime Minister Johnson spent night in ICU, not on ventilator, clarifies UK government
- From Macmillan to Johnson: UK Prime Ministers Who Have Faced a Health Crisis
- Which experimental drugs could Prime Minister Boris Johnson be given in intensive care?
- UK Prime Minister, Boris Johnson stable
- Iraq President Names Intelligence Head al-Kadhimi as Prime Minister - Reports
- How healthy is the Prime Minister? Boris Johnson has struggled with his weight and is 'very fond of cheese' - but has a 'robust constitution' and enjoys yoga
NA approves appointment of two Deputy Prime Ministers have 377 words, post on dtinews.vn at April 8, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.