As part of the meeting, a ceremony was held to posthumously award the "Vietnamese Heroic Mother" title to 14 mothers whose husbands and children sacrificed themselves for national independence, construction and defence.
Speaking at the commemorative meeting, Ho Chi Minh City Party Secretary Nguyen Van Nen emphasised the significance of the April 30, 1975, event as one of the most glorious milestones in Vietnamese history.
He expressed his gratitude to those who devoted their lives to the cause of national independence and reunification and the happiness of the people.
Nen stated that in recent years, Ho Chi Minh City has recorded significant and comprehensive results in various fields, contributing to the nation's overall achievements.
On the same day, a meeting was also held in Ben Tre Province to mark the 46th anniversary of southern liberation and national reunification, where participants recalled the glorious revolutionary tradition and discussed the future of the province in the next few decades.
- Flag raising ceremony in Quang Tri marks National Reunification Day
- On Tap: Moon landing exhibit marks 50th anniversary
- Meeting marks Vietnam Day of Persons with Disabilities
- Hong Kong powerhouse: Kadokawa Intercontinental marks 40th anniversary as MCL circuit thrives
- Celebrating Judaism: Fifth Jewish Film Festival marks 70th anniversary of Israel's founding
- HCM City marks 50 years of alliance of national, democratic, peace forces
- Ninh Binh holds firework displays to mark establishment of Dai Co Viet dynasty
- Popular tourist destinations crowded out on national holidays
- Great Smoky Mountains: Our April National Park of the Month
- Southern Africa Safari
- Everglades: Our January National Park of the Month
- Hot Springs: Our March National Park of the Month
Meeting marks 46th anniversary of southern liberation and national reunification have 259 words, post on en.nhandan.org.vn at April 29, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.