The Ha Nam Center for Disease Control (CDC) announced the 28-year-old man's test result on Thursday. Further tests would be required before he could be confirmed a Covid-19 case.
The man returned from Japan on April 7 and was quarantined at the Alisia Beach hotel in central Da Nang City. He tested negative for the coronavirus thrice during his stay.
On April 22 he returned home in Ha Nam and self-isolated himself. But on April 24 he began to display symptoms like coughing, fever and throat pain, and was taken to a local medical facility for testing.
Following the positive test result, he has been quarantined at the Ha Nam General Hospital, while his close contacts have been put in centralized quarantine zones. It has yet to be confirmed exactly how many people came into contact with the man since he came home.
Vietnam has recorded 2,865 Covid-19 cases so far with 35 deaths. No community transmission has been observed for over a month.
- Ruby Princess passenger and a man die of coronavirus bringing Australia's death toll to 16 – as the country's infection count soars to 3,929
- Iranian Filmmaker Mehrdad Oskouei Awaits a Prison Sentence in Quarantine
- If I Wrote a Coronavirus Episode
- Coronavirus in sport: Barcelona to cut player wages
- Australia's new coronavirus epicentres: Alarming 'red zone' maps reveal the suburbs which have emerged as COVID-19 hotpots - so how many cases are there in YOUR area?
- Quarantine Is the New Cuffing Season for Celebrities
- Where and How the Bushes, Obamas, McCains & More Are Spending Their Social Distancing During Coronavirus
- Two arrested for coughing, spitting in public as Barr tells Canberrans to stay home to prevent coronavirus spread
- Prince George and Princess Charlotte's school becomes the latest to send pupils home for coronavirus isolation - as NINE shut - despite advice it's 'unnecessary' - offices close and sports fixtures are cancelled across UK
- Coronavirus latest: US death toll surpasses China’s
- Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson's quarantine is over: Hollywood couple struck down by coronavirus pictured smiling in LA after flying back home from Australia via private jet
- Coronavirus latest: France, Spain, UK record deadliest day
Man tests positive for coronavirus after finishing quarantine have 343 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at April 29, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.