A donation of US$12,000 through the National Philanthropic Trust (NPT) has been provided to help Thanh Tam School provide scholarships for 28 students facing difficult financial situations as a result of last year's storms and the COVID-19 outbreak.
The donation sponsor, Hyatt Community Grants of Hyatt Regency Danang Resort and Spa, said the cash will help the Da Nang-based school keep students with disabilities in education.
The managing board of Hyatt Regency Danang Resort said it has had a long-term relationship with Thanh Tam School – where students with disabilities learn new skills of baking, carpentry, gardening and embroidery – since 2011.
The school also runs a cafeteria and bakery to give children and young people the opportunity to work and integrate into society.
Pastry chefs at the resort also have given the students and children with special needs at the school month-long culinary training sessions to improve products in the school's bakery, share gardening experience and sell the students' paintings in the resort's shop.
The school's garden also supplies fresh organic herbs and vegetables for tourists staying at the resort.
Since 2008, Hyatt has helped direct nearly $3.5 million to more than 260 nonprofits in 52 countries. This year, Hyatt is proud to award more than $360,000 to 29 nonprofits across the globe. The grants celebrate and build upon the long-standing partnerships that hotels have with local community-based organisations that provide on-the-job training and employment opportunities to under-resourced youth. — VNS
- Peter Andre supports BBC Children In Need Be-A-Hero campaign
- Orphan children get help from readers
- Children's life-saving heart transplants double thanks to Mirror campaign
- Eight ways to help the Rohingya people right now
- Girls Aloud, One Direction and Leona Lewis all performed at BBC's Children in Need
- Couple calls for help for ill children
- Readers donate to cerebral palsy children
- Kitchen discos to Twitter parties: The celebs who helped make 2020 more bearable
- Thousands of five-year-olds to get extra language help after Covid disruption
- Style Swoon: From SJP's wine company combating child hunger to a hotel room transformed by famous artist giving back to at-risk youth, a roundup of the week's style highlights
- Sperm donor with '150 children worldwide' who's had unprotected sex with scores of women claims he's impregnated THREE British mothers ahead of Christmas
- Jimmy Kimmel and his wife Molly McNeary are matching donations up to $25,000 to St. Joseph Center to help families in need in Los Angeles
Hotel donates to help disadvantaged children have 432 words, post on bizhub.vn at April 22, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.