Two successive wins under the dynasty of new manager Nguyen Thanh Cong gave a strong boost to Ha Tinh's confidence, allowing them to create a dominant match against the former champions.
The hosts needed only 16 minutes to open the scoring, with centre back Kelly Oahimijie heading home Van Hiep's cross from a free kick.
In the following minutes, Kelly Oahimijie continued to play dynamically and constantly blocked the dangerous attacking spikes of the away side, such as Nguyen Tien Linh, Pape Omar Faye and Victor Mansary. If he had been lucky, he could have completed a double in the 39th minute with a bicycle kick that was parried by a Binh Duong player.
However, home fans did not have to wait long to celebrate their second goal, as just three minutes later, midfielder Trung Hoc burst down the right flank and returned the ball back to Tuan Hai to finish it off.
The Ha Tinh side continued to rub salt in the guests' wounds in the next three minutes with captain Tran Phi Son delivering an impressive personal showing before firing a powerful strike from 16 metres to make it 3-0.
After the break, the hosts maintained their pressure and further extended their advantage thanks to an own goal from Binh Duong defender Thanh Long five minutes before the hour mark.
Ha Tinh captain Tran Phi Son in action during the match. (Photo: VPF)
The visitors' efforts in the remainder of the match only helped them earn two consolation goals, by Tong Anh Ty (69') and Mansaray (89').
The emphatic 4-2 victory lifted Hong Linh Ha Tinh to 10th place in the table with 12 points, keeping their hope of staying in the V.League 1 alive.
On the same day, Nam Dinh FC edged past Quang Ninh Coal 1-0 away thanks to Oussou Kona's solitary goal, thus moving up to third place with 18 points.
Meanwhile, second-placed Viettel FC saw their five-game winning run halted after being held to an unexpected 1-1 away draw by Ho Chi Minh City. With the result, Truong Viet Hoang's side are at risk of floating up to five points away from leaders Hoang Anh Gia Lai after the 11th round concludes.
V.League 1 action will continue today (April 28) with the four remaining Round 11 matches, including Thanh Hoa FC vs Hoang Anh Gia Lai, SHB Da Nang vs Saigon FC, Hai Phong FC vs Song Lam Nghe An, and Hanoi FC vs Topenland Binh Dinh.
- Saudi sisters stopped in Hong Kong as they flee kingdom
- 'Abused' Saudi sisters trapped in Hong Kong risk deportation
- Saudi sisters hiding in Hong Kong face deportation as deadline nears
- Saudi sisters free after six months stranded in Hong Kong
- Saudi sisters stopped in Hong Kong while fleeing kingdom
- Alleged NKorea embassy raider Hong is regime change advocate
- China has a different vision of globalisation
- Saudi sisters fleeing to Aust stuck in HK
- Hanoi’s garment firms try to go green
- Music show marks 10 years of Vietnamese composer’s Swiss recognition
- Vietnam’s outlook positive for investment attraction
- N Korea's Madrid embassy intruder 'contacted FBI'
Hong Linh Ha Tinh see off Becamex Binh Duong to escape bottom have 511 words, post on en.nhandan.org.vn at April 28, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.