Deputy Chairman of HCMC People’s Committee, Vo Van Hoan speaks at a working session with the HCMC Statistical Office. (Photo: SGGP)
Among 902 administrative establishments under the census, the information of 784 ones has been collected, Deputy head of the HCMC Statistical Office, Vo Thanh Sang reported to Deputy Chairman of HCMC People’s Committee, Vo Van Hoan at a working session on April 16.
Because HCMC has a large number of businesses operating in all economic sectors, accounting for more than 30 percent of the total number of enterprises in the country, the implementation of the economic census could not cover all companies in the city within three months, he said.
In addition, the city saw a widespread closing of stores and businesses and many have changed their business locations due to the Covid-19 outbreak. These have hindered the census’ implementation, Sang added.
Speaking at the meeting, Deputy Chairman of HCMC People’s Committee, Vo Van Hoan asked the authorities of districts and Thu Duc City to consider the economic census as a chance to examine and assess the real situation of businesses in the localities.
By Manh Hoa – Translated by Kim Khanh
- New trade alliance launched to support Northern Ireland business
- Cat café owner says Groupon deal 'nearly destroyed' business
- Entrepreneur sets up vegan catering business with help from Nwes
- How Lux is positioning itself to be the centre of space business
- Revealed: all the Plymouth Business Award 2019 winners
- Another feed processing plant launched in region
- Economic “game changer”? African leaders launch free-trade zone
- New feed processing plant launched in region
- IFC praises economic reforms in Azerbaijan
- Ireland launches first ever National Space Strategy
- Supporting economic growth is theme for Chamber dinner
- Ganja Automobile Plant launches production of electric buses
HCMC launches economic census on nearly 295,000 businesses have 278 words, post on sggpnews.org.vn at April 16, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.