The festival will be held on May 17 at Thay Pagoda relic site, Sai Son commune, Quoc Oai district, Hanoi.
Masters, non-professional members of traditional water puppetry troupes from all around Hanoi will join in a single water puppet show, which last for at least 25 minutes.
Each performance will re-enact glorious historical events of the nation; present the daily life and work of Vietnamese people; and promote the cultural value of Vietnam.
Water puppetry originated in the Red River Delta in northern Vietnam around the 10th century, where almost all towns and villages have communal ponds, which were used as the puppet show stage.
The villages of Thach That and Dao Thuc in Hanoi and Rach and Nguyen Xa in the nearby provinces of Nam Dinh and Thai Binh are some of the earliest known centres of water puppetry .
Traditionally, water puppetry performances portray the daily life of Vietnamese farmers (cultivating, tending buffalo, and catching fish), communal entertainment (swimming races and dragon dancing), or historical legends (like Le Loi returning the precious sword to the Golden Turtle in Hoan Kiem Lake) appealing to audiences for centuries./.
- See the Tribeca Film Festival 2018 Lineup
- Votive paper burn on Hanoi's streets on Ghost Festival
- Amateur baker wows foodies with her VERY simple recipe for 'heavenly' s'mores cookies - complete with oozing chocolate and marshmallows
- Blazing fire destroys 6,000-meter-square warehouse in Hanoi
- Mum sets mouths watering with her simple recipe for 'slow-cooked' Tim Tam rocky roads - and you only need five ingredients and five minutes
- Nanda Devi festival begins sans devotees due to Covid; rituals live on social media
- Venice Film Festival: All eyes on first COVID-19 era cinema showcase
- Taylor Hill looks sensational in a clashing-print denim jumpsuit as she arrives in style at the 77th Venice Film Festival
- Regina King On Movie Directorial Debut ‘One Night In Miami’: “The Time Is Now For This Film” — Venice Film Festival
- Kalki Dwadashi 2020: Here’s The Rituals And Significance Of This Festival
- Self-taught baker, 26, sets mouths watering with simple four ingredient recipe for Oreo-stuffed chocolate and caramel truffles
- Cate Blanchett wears belted striped jumpsuit as she joins fellow jury member Matt Dillon at socially distanced 77th Venice Film Festival
Hanoi Amateur Water Puppetry Festival to take place in May have 389 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at April 14, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.