Foreign Minister Bui Thanh Son phoned his Russian counterpart Sergei Lavrov. (Photo: Ministry of Foreign Affairs).
The information was unveiled by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs following phone calls between the two FMs on April 28.
Lavrov congratulated Son on his appointment as Foreign Minister of Vietnam at a recent National Assembly session, and expressed his belief with his wealth of experience Son will continue to lead Vietnam's diplomacy to new success, effectively realizing the country's foreign policy.
The Russian diplomat highly valued Vietnam's recent foreign achievements, including successfully assuming its role as ASEAN Chairman in 2020 and a non-permanent member of the UN Security Council for 2020 – 2021.
For his part, FM Bui Thanh Son expressed his delight at the positive development of the Vietnam – Russia relations over the years, affirming that Vietnam always attaches great importance to the comprehensive strategic partnership with the Russian Federation.
Russia is one of the most important partners of Vietnam in its foreign policy, stressed Son.
He congratulated Russia on its success in responding to the COVID-19 pandemic, especially in research and production of coronavirus vaccines for disease prevention.
He noted that despite the COVID-19 pandemic, both sides have maintained the exchange of high-level contacts, contributing to promoting bilateral cooperation in all fields.
The two ministers exchanged views on bilateral cooperation between the two countries and two ministries, as well as their coordination at multilateral forums, including the United Nations Security Council and ASEAN.
They expressed their desires to promote implementation of activities within the framework of the Vietnam – Russia and Russia-Vietnam Year in 2021.
Minister Son thanked Russia for supporting Vietnam during the latter's ASEAN Chairmanship Year in 2020, as well as in taking the role of a non-permanent member of the UN Security Council for 2020-2021. He voiced Vietnam's readiness to work closely with Russia and other ASEAN countries to successfully organize activities to celebrate the 25th anniversary of the ASEAN-Russia relations this year.
- Lavrov says Russia won't interfere in Bosnia Oct. 7 election
- Russia says Iran deal needed to deter NKorea
- Where Will Kim Jong Un Go Next? U.S. and Russia Both Want to See North Korea's Supreme Leader
- Donald Trump, U.S. Has Declared Economic War on Russia With its Toughest Sanctions Yet
- Donald Trump, U.S. Have Declared Economic War on Russia With Its Toughest Sanctions Yet
- U.S. Military Wants to Fix Its Relationship with China, But Russia Has Already Stepped In
- Russia and China Think U.S. Dollars Are Ruining the World, So They're Finding a New Way
- Will Russia and Turkey's Deal Work? Syria Says 'Terrorists' Still Present And U.S. Allies Come Under New Attack
- India Will Buy Weapons from Russia and Oil from Iran, Ignoring U.S. Warnings
- Europe Will Face 'Serious Consequences' If Donald Trump Withdraws from Nuclear Agreement, Russian Defense Minister Warns
- Russia sends team to Venezuela to help draft rescue plan
- Kosovo’s Prime Minister Lobbies Against Serbia Land Swap, but His President Works for It
Foreign Minister Bui Thanh Son to visit Russia have 517 words, post on dtinews.vn at April 29, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.