Lam Dong (VNA) – The first-ever Miss Earth Vietnam was launched during a press conference held in Lac Duong district of the Central Highlands province of Lam Dong on April 28.
The contest's online preliminary will start from May, while an in-person one in Hanoi and HCM City from August.
The semifinal is scheduled for November and the finale a month later.
The Vietnamese version will have four winners at the same time, including Miss Earth, Miss Earth Air, Miss Earth Water and Miss Earth Fire, who will walk home with a prize worth 5.6 billion VND (245,000 USD) in total.
Miss Earth will represent Vietnam at the annual international environmental-themed beauty competition and receive additional 1 billion VND from a local business.
Su Thanh Hoai, Chairman of the People's Committee of Lac Duong district, the host of the upcoming pageant, said if COVID-19 remains complicated at year's end, the organising board will roll out preventive measures on keeping with the Ministry of Health's recommendations.
Miss Earth is one of the Big Four international beauty pageants — the most coveted beauty titles among all the international pageants.
Nguyen Phuong Khanh was crowned Miss Earth in 2018, Vietnam's best ever performance at such a major world contest./.
- 100-Foot Asteroid 2013 TX68 Misses Earth
- LOOK: Pia Wurtzbach explores Vietnam
- Nestlé Vietnam hailed as top recruiter in Vietnam
- Asteroid That Flew Past Earth This Week May Struck Our Planet In 2079
- Padres among teams putting launch angle into practice
- Nintendo's Iwata 'very sorry' for Wii U's launch omissions
- Sprint CEO stays the course on WiMAX, but launch won't happen in April
- Microsoft launches new Skype for Linux and Chrome
- Asian Unicorn “Saola” Spotted In Vietnam
- In Vietnam, Australia win ASEAN youth championship for 5th time
- Entrepreneurs Seek To Transform Education In Vietnam
- New data suggest Agent Orange causing horrific third generation birth defects Vietnam vets are passing to their grandkids
First Miss Earth Vietnam launched have 326 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at April 29, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.