Vietnam has five data center systems meeting Uptime Tier 3 standards, but this is the first time a data center in Vietnam has met Uptime Tier 3 standards in both design and construction.
The launching ceremony for the EcoData Center. Photo: Trong Dat
HTC International Telecommunication Joint Stock Company (HTC-ITC) has officially put into operation its Eco Data Center in Hanoi-based Lang – Hoa Lac high-tech Park. This is the first data center in Vietnam that meets Uptime Tier 3 standards in both design and construction-operation.
Uptime Tier 3 is the 3rd level on the Uptime Institute’s four-level scale for rating data centers.
To achieve this standard, a data center system must ensure uptime of 99.982% or more and downtime of not more than 1.6 hours per year.
In addition, this system must be capable of operating for up to 72 consecutive hours in case of a blackout.
To meet the strict standards of Uptime Institute, the Eco Data Center has all infrastructure equipment provided by two strategic partners, Delta and Arista.
The data center uses an in-row cooling system. This is the first unit in Vietnam using this energy saving technology, which can control the cooling temperature of each server.
This data center costs about VND100 billion (nearly $5 million). The system has been completed with 6 box-type data centers, with a total of 150 racks. The EcoDC will officially start operating in April.
Speaking at this event, Deputy Minister of Information and Communications Nguyen Huy Dung said that the launch of the EcoDC data center is a steady step in the process of digital transformation in Vietnam.
In the National Digital Transformation program, the Ministry of Information and Communications determined that Vietnam must develop digital infrastructure, including broadband telecommunications infrastructure, cloud computing, and electronic identification and authentication. Vietnam is also realizing the goal that each citizen must have a smartphone, and each household an Internet fiber optic cable connection.
The most fundamental differences between telecom and digital infrastructure are data centers and cloud computing platforms that make IT a service accessible to everyone.
- Data privacy continue to see more regulations in digital transformation: Forcepoint's Savvides
- The best unlimited data plans for 2020
- Microsoft to continue talks with TikTok after CEO meets Trump
- Bank regulators crack down on Capital One after its massive data breach
- Data storage and dirty energy: What Big Tech’s carbon neutral pledges leave out
- Standard Chartered Bank partners with Microsoft to become a cloud-first bank
- Trump meets with Dr. Birx to tell her 'we're doing very well' in the COVID-19 fight after earlier slamming her warnings the virus is widespread as 'pathetic'
- VNPAY gets certified at highest level of international security standards
- Woodlands board approves restarting RDRC meetings
- How Can We Build Ethics Into Big Data?
- NextDC says COVID-19 is upping Australian data centre needs
- Forcepoint brings new critical infrastructure unit to balance insider threat detection & data security
First data center meets two Uptime Tier 3 standards have 466 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at April 16, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.