HCM CITY — Doctors at Gia Định People's Hospital in HCM City have successfully removed a rare, life-threatening heart tumour in a 40-year-old patient.
The patient on March 31 was hospitalised at Gò Vấp District Hospital due to shortness of breath and chest pain. An echocardiography showed a tumour in his heart, which caused heart failure and severe anaemia.
The hospital sent the patient to Gia Định People's Hospital for urgent surgery. Doctors said the large tumour in both the left atrium and left ventricle was at risk of being stuck in the heart’s valves.
The spread of the tumour had also caused mitral regurgitation, which the doctors treated.
Dr Bùi Minh Thành, head of cardiac surgery department at the Gia Định People's Hospital, said that most heart tumours cause no symptoms and are not located at the two valves. The patient's tumour was special, causing a sudden blockage of blood flow in the heart, which could lead to acute heart failure and, if not treated in time, death.
The patient is in stable condition. — VNS
- Researchers Find Genetic Link to Rare, Life-Threatening Lung Condition
- Derby Theatre boss diagnosed with life-threatening cancer tumour
- Immigrant taking sanctuary in Amherst church gets treated for 'life-threatening' condition at Cooley Dickinson in Northampton
- How one St. Pete family is taking a life-threatening diagnosis and having the best summer ever
- 132-pound ovarian tumour removed from 38-year-old woman
- My mother-in-law gave birth to my son as I had no womb or cervix after tumour hell
- Virtual doctor visits are getting more popular, but questions remain about who pays
- My stomach ache turned out to be a monster tumour with hair and Fallopian tube
- Doctors remove 9 STONE tumour from woman who was left unable to eat by giant mass that grew in 2 months
- 132-pound ovarian tumour removed from US woman
- Heart Attack: Lessons of Mike Adeyemo’s death
- A tumour the size of a fist left me with huge hole in my head
Doctors in HCM City remove rare, life-threatening heart tumour have 351 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at April 2, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.