The ambassador bid farewell to the Vietnamese Ministry of National Defense before leaving the country.
During the reception, General Giang congratulated the US Ambassador on his achievements during his term in Vietnam, contributing to promoting the bilateral ties in general and bilateral defense cooperation in particular, in the framework of the Vietnam-US comprehensive partnership.
The Defense Minister also affirmed Vietnam’s consistent viewpoint of always considering the US one of its most important partners and hoped to develop comprehensive relations with the country on the basis of respecting the independence, sovereignty and political institutions of each other.
As Ambassador Kritenbrink has been promoted to US Assistant Secretary of State for East Asian and Pacific Affairs, General Giang expressed his belief that in his new position, Ambassador Kritenbrink will continue to achieve success and further focus on promoting relations between the two countries and militaries, especially in overcoming the consequences of war.
On this occasion, Ambassador Kritenbrink congratulated General Giang on his promotion to Defense Minister. Ambassador Kritenbrink also promised that in his new position, he would pay attention to promoting the relationship between the two countries and militaries.
At the meeting, General Giang and Ambassador Kritenbrink highly appreciated the results of the cooperation between the two countries in recent years on both bilateral, regional and international levels. The two sides acknowledged and hailed the implementation of the memorandum of understanding on promoting bilateral defense cooperation and the joint vision statement on defense relations.
Especially, both sides praised the outcomes of cooperation between Vietnam and the US in overcoming war consequences, thereby effectively building trust between the two countries.
The successes of the two sides' cooperation projects, such as the already-finished Environmental Remediation of Dioxin Contamination at Da Nang Airport Project, as well as the ongoing Bien Hoa airport dioxin cleanup project and continual MIA missions have contributed to strengthening friendship and creating favorable conditions for the two sides to boost cooperation.
General Giang emphasized that Vietnam will prioritize the cooperation in overcoming war legacy in the coming time.
In addition, both sides agreed to continue cooperation activities according to the signed documents for mutual benefits of the two peoples.
Translated by Minh Anh
- When did Trump know his 'wonderful' defense chief was accused of hitting his wife? Dems demand answers over Shanahan suddenly quitting amid revelations Pentagon boss intervened to help son who fractured mom's skull with baseball bat
- Eight unforgettable ways 1968 made history
- Egypt's El-Sissi Says Militias Hold Libyan Government 'Hostage'
- Egypt’s el-Sissi says militias hold Libyan gov’t ‘hostage’
- A$AP Rocky performs in Stockholm months after conviction
- Michael Bennett boycotts trip, says he won't be used by Israel
- US intelligence: rebels likely shot down MH17 'by mistake' – as it happened
- Pence Warns Iran: ‘We’re Locked And Loaded’
- A$AP Rocky performs in Sweden months after conviction
- EU rules out Brexit renegotiation, vows to avoid Irish backstop with free trade deal before 2021
- The Hill's Morning Report — Harris brings her A game to Miami debate
- Flynn Refuses To Turn Over Docs To Senate ‘Fishing Expedition’
Defense Minister receives US Ambassador have 501 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at April 18, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.