A court in the central Vietnamese city of Da Nang on Thursday condemned a 36-year-old man to life in prison for killing his own daughter in 2019.
According to the indictment, Bui Van Hoi, hailing from the northern province of Thai Binh, was granted custody of his daughter, 10-year-old B.T.U.N., after divorcing his wife in February 2018.
Hoi and N. relocated to Da Nang, where he sent the girl to a temple to live there due to his busy work, in the same year.
Later that year, Hoi married South Korean L.J.Y. and asked the temple administrators to allow him to take N. out for staying with him at a hotel.
One time when N. disobeyed Hoi, he slapped the daughter so strongly that she hit the wall and got her forehead bruised.
On the afternoon of February 1, 2019, Hoi yelled at N. as she spilled milk on the bed.
As N. argued back, in his anger, Hoi sat on her lap and used his hands to strangle her.
After a while, Hoi let go of his hands and gave N. 30-40 minutes of artificial respiration, but she did not regain consciousness.
Thinking that N. was dead, the man planned to get rid of her body.
He bought two sacks and rolls of plastic rope and called Y., but the South Korean woman did not answer his call.
When Y. called back late on the evening of the same day, Hoi told her the entire incident and asked the woman to give him money to pay for the hotel room where he and N. were staying and to buy a suitcase to put the girl's body into it.
But Y. did not believe Hoi, thinking that the man was scamming her.
At around 10:00 pm on the same night, Hoi placed N.'s body in a backpack and carried it to the local Thuan Phuoc Bridge.
On the way, he stopped by a vacant land lot to collect two rocks and put them in the backpack.
Hoi waited until midnight, when the bridge was empty of commuters, and threw the backpack with N.'s body in it into the Han River.
On February 25, Hoi went to the police to confess.
Up to date, N.'s body has not been found.
At Thursday's court, Hoi admitted his criminal act, saying that he felt extremely regretful and guilty and was willing to receive all forms of punishment for his crime.
- Ex-IRA bomber who got 30 life sentences has words of advice for young dissidents
- Life sentence for man who stabbed girlfriend's lover in fatal 'love triangle'
- 'Evil' strangler gets life sentence
- Turkish court upholds life sentence for killer of Syrian activist, daughter
- Seven jihadists get life sentences for deadly 2015 Tunisia attacks
- 'I knew paedophile who killed my daughter would strike again
- 'Evil and controlling' man who strangled his wife, set fire to her body is jailed for life
- Dad's sick ultimatum to daughter: Help me murder your mum or I’ll kill myself
- Chris Watts looks on in horror as he realises neighbour’s CCTV caught him loading his murdered family’s bodies into truck
- Man killed wife because he ‘wanted her to stop talking’
- Killer jailed for life for murdering disabled woman then chopping up body
- What killer Ian Huntley wrote to daughter in Cleethorpes
Da Nang gives man life sentence for killing daughter, throwing body into river have 567 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at April 2, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.