The latest patient is a 39-year-old man who returned home from Japan and was sent to quarantine upon his arrival at Da Nang International Airport on April 13.
His test result turned out positive for the novel coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 on April 17. The man is being treated at a hospital in central Da Nang city.
As many as 2,475 patients have been given the all-clear so far, while the fatalities remain at 35.
Among the active patients, 11 have tested negative for the virus once, 16 twice and 18 thrice.
A total of 40,150 people who had close contact with COVID-19 patients or entered Vietnam from pandemic-hit regions are under medical monitoring nationwide, including 531 in hospitals, 24,361 at State-designated quarantine establishment and 15,258 at their residences.
The ministry said an additional 10,415 people in 13 cities and provinces received COVID-19 vaccine shots between April 12-18, bringing the total number of vaccinated people to 79,182.
- Unnao Rape Case: CBI Chargesheet Names BJP MLA Sengar's Brother Over Murder of Girl's Father
- She came out as transgender and got fired. Now her case might become a test for LGBTQ rights before the US Supreme Court.
- 12 accused in fake cancer medicine trading case brought to court
- America knows other cases of self-radicalization
- Here's a rundown of the court cases at play in Florida's recount
- Cold case informant: Cop told me to lie, leak endangered my life
- Kenya: Odinga Off the Hook in Defamation Case
- Here are the best ways to secure important financial documents
- FBI documents detail how the Russians try to recruit spies
- The Shady Way Shops Beat America’s 25-Year Car Import Rule
- US FTC Objects to Qualcomm Submission of Apple Documents in Antitrust Case
- Meet the 19-year-old tech genius coding at Ethiopia's first AI lab
COVID-19: One imported case documented on April 19 morning have 271 words, post on en.nhandan.org.vn at April 19, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.