All the new cases were immediately put in quarantine right upon entry. They are now receiving COVID-19 treatment at local hospitals after their test results were confirmed positive for the SASR-CoV-2 virus.
Of the total number of patients, 1,570 are local infections and 1,202 are imported cases.
The same day, an additional 30 coronavirus patients were declared free from the virus, boosting the total recoveries in the nation to 2,475.
Among the country's active patients, a total of 45 have since tested negative for the virus at least once, with many testing negative multiple times.
Over 40,390 people who came into close contact with COVID-19 patients or who arrived from pandemic-hit areas are currently in quarantine and must undergo medical monitoring across the country.
The Ministry of Health has also requested that provinces and cities organize their COVID-19 vaccination supplies from the COVAX Facility before May 5.
At present, the Ministry of Health has so far distributed 811,200 doses of the COVAX vaccine to localities in accordance with the Government Resolution 21 regarding the purchase and use of COVID-19 vaccines.
The country is now in the process of continuing to implement the COVID-19 vaccination scheme as planned, with more than 73,000 people already being vaccinated with the COVID-19 vaccine.
- LIVE: People urged to avoid Friday prayer in mosques as national COVID-19 tally tops 4,500
- 27 more Covid-19 patients recover in Vietnam
- Coronavirus in the US: Latest COVID-19 news and case counts
- Coronavirus latest: German COVID-19 cases top 100,000
- Dramatic moment three children are rushed from a coronavirus quarantine hotel and taken to hospital 'for COVID-19 treatment' - as the first group of returned travellers end their 14-day forced lockdown and return home
- TN, Puducherry extend COVID-19 lockdown till April 30
- Pharmaceutical firm to donate two million tablets of Donald Trump-touted malaria drug to world's largest COVID-19 medication trial
- LIVE: New cases emerge in Punjab, G-B; nationwide tally surpasses 5,700
- Mother, Covid-19 recoveree looks to uncertain future
- LIVE: Pakistan COVID-19 death toll reaches 107
- Coronavirus Live Updates: British Prime Minister Boris Johnson Admitted To ICU
- Coronavirus live updates: Four new cases at SF’s huge Laguna Honda nursing home
COVID-19: 14 new cases confirmed, 30 patients free from coronavirus have 338 words, post on vov.vn at April 16, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.