At the ministry's regular press conference, Viet said right after new COVID-19 developments were reported in India and a number of Southeast Asian nations, the ministry directed Vietnamese representative agencies there to prepare citizen protection measures and closely coordinate with local competent agencies to get updated on the situations with a special focus on treating Vietnamese citizens in need.
He said that these Vietnamese agencies have continually posted relevant updates on their official websites and recommended Vietnamese citizens raise their awareness on pandemic control and follow related regulations of the host nations.
In Cambodia, they can either call the embassy's phone number +85597020561 or the citizen protection line +84981848484.
Regarding reporters' queries on an announcement of Malaysian authorities on April 26 on the arrest of three Vietnamese fishing vessels allegedly involving in illegal fishing on the country's territorial waters, the Vice Spokesman said the ministry had promptly directed the Vietnamese Embassy to immediately contact local competent agencies, requesting humanitarian treatment for fishermen, to verify relevant information, and to proactively conduct necessary citizen protection measures.
Vietnam consistently advocates the development of fishing towards sustainability with a focus on the conservation and promotion of aquatic resources, environmental protection, and international cooperation, he stated.
Vietnamese fishermen are educated all the time on having to respect the laws of Vietnam and other countries as well as relevant international commitments of Vietnam, Viet said. They have been told not to intrude upon territorial waters belonging to other coastal countries' sovereignty and sovereignty rights defined in the 1982 United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea ( UNCLOS ), Viet added./.
- Huge potential for Vietnam, India to expand bilateral cooperation
- It’s Canada’s duty to repatriate the brides of Daesh
- Ethics experts are taking aim at Trump’s ‘concerning’ relationship with India
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES OCTOBER 31
- Death Toll in Palu Quake, Tsunami Rises to 832; Three Foreigners Among the Missing
- US steps up Southeast Asian refugee deportation drive
- US steps up Southeast Asian refugee deportation operations
- New year, new routes
- Kim Jong-nam murder suspects one step closer to death
- How a no-deal Brexit could cripple Britain
- What we know about the Canadians killed in the Ethiopian Airlines crash
- Is Vietnam adopting a tough South China Sea posture?
Coordination underway to arrange repatriation flights for Vietnamese citizens in India have 539 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at April 29, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.