Travel+Leisure writes: “With distinct golden sand, soft swells, and shady groves of bamboo and evergreen trees, it’s the kind of place to spend the day gently swinging in a hammock with a beach read, or walking in the surf with a freshly hacked coconut”.
The site added that, due to its location close to the airport, “commercial flights fly thrillingly close,” giving swimmers a chance to watch planes take off and land.
Located around 230 kilometers (143 miles) southeast of Ho Chi Minh City, Con Dao is an emerging tourist destination in Vietnam.
Eariler, the New York Times included southern Vietnam’s 16-island archipelago, Con Dao, in its list of "52 places to love in 2021".
In 2017, CNN praised it as one 12 paradise islands in Asia, while the US magazine Time included Con Dao in its list of 13 places around the world that amaze travelers with their clear blue water.
- US B-52 Bombers Fly Over Disputed South China Sea Islands
- Chiefs sent to link South Sea Islanders to roots
- Beijing Plans to Build ‘City’ on ‘Blueprint’ Island in South China Sea
- Pompeo WARNS: US Will Defend Philippines Against ‘Armed Attack’ in S China Sea
- US vows Philippines aid against "armed attack" in China-claimed sea
- Duterte Threatens Beijing With 'Suicide Missions' Amid S China Sea Spat
- Philippines Warns Beijing Against 'Irritant' Acts in S China Sea
- Disputed Drilling: Beijing Announces First South China Sea Deepwater LNG Site
- US Air Force's B-52 Bombers Patrol South China Sea for Second Time in March
- Beautiful Caribbean island is the most expensive overseas property for sale and could be yours… for only £65 million
- Discover more to Majorca than 18-30 nights and Love Island with Tramantuna mountain range and sandy beaches
- How one Donegal island is taking control of its broadband future
Con Dao affirms Vietnam's sea and islands beauty have 285 words, post on en.nhandan.org.vn at April 16, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.