HCM CITY — Bà Rịa-Vũng Tàu managed to achieve positive economic growth in the first quarter of 2021 driven by a surge in industrial production, port services and domestic travel.
Speaking at a meeting held on Friday to review the socio-economic development for the quarter, deputy secretary of the provincial Party Committee, Nguyễn Thị Yến, said key economic sectors achieved growth during the quarter.
The province achieved the dual goal of containing COVID-19 while ensuring economic growth, she said.
So its revenues rose by 6.7 per cent to more than VNĐ22 trillion (US$953.46 million), she said.
Industrial production value excluding oil and gas rose by 7.3 per cent year-on-year.
The value of port services jumped by 9.6 per cent.
The province speeded up work on some crucial transport projects to facilitate connectivity to the Cái Mép-Thị Vải port complex in Phú Mỹ Town.
The tourism sector saw a robust recovery, with the number of visitors in the first quarter doubling from a year ago to 1.8 million.
In the second quarter, the province plans to focus on improving its business climate and competitiveness to attract foreign investment. —VNS
- Ba Ria-Vung Tau looks at infrastructure development
- Ba Ria-Vung Tau upgrades infrastructure to attract investors
- Communication campaign on HIV prevention launched in Ba Ria-Vung Tau
- Communication campaign on HIV prevention launched in Ba Ria - Vung Tau
- Helicopter air route to connect Vung Tau and Con Dao
- Con Dao: a pristine archipelago just a few short hours from Ho Chi Minh City
- Bà Rịa-Vũng Tàu upgrades infrastructure to attract investors
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES DECEMBER 19
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES DECEMBER 22
- VN Government assistance on way for private firms
- Bà Rịa – Vũng Tàu farmers breed Pacific oysters
- Vogue magazine: Con Dao Island is one of best paradise islands in the world
Bà Rịa-Vũng Tàu economy grows in 1st quarter have 335 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at April 19, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.