Hanoi (VNA) – People, aged from 18-59 and residing in Hanoi, can register for human t rials of Vietnam's second COVID-19 vaccine candidate COVIVAC from March 5 morning.
They will be divided into five groups, including one group provided with placebo shots, and their health will be closely monitored within 24 hours after injections.
Each volunteer will have their health checked-up eight times in 12 months.
After 43 days since the first phase starts and shows good results, the second phase will be carried out at the medical centre of Thai Binh province's Vu Thu district, with 300 volunteers.
The homegrown vaccine has been developed by the Nha Trang-based Institute of Vaccines and Medical Biologicals (IVAC) and the Hanoi Medical University since last May, using primary chicken embryo cell culture, a technique the institute used previously to successfully produce seasonal flu vaccines.
COVIVAC has undergone pre-clinical trials in India, the US, and Vietnam, said IVAC Director Dr. Duong Huu Thai, adding that results showed that it satisfies all conditions to be tested on humans.
The vaccine candidate demonstrated high immunogenicity during pre-clinical trials. It was created based on studies of new SARS-CoV-2 strains.
This vaccine is expected to have a price of around 60,000 VND (2.59 USD) per dose./.
- HIV cure soon? Human trials underway in China
- Ebola vaccine may be ‘up to 100% effective’: WHO
- AHTC trial: Unusual start to trial as Low Thia Khiang seeks to clarify why he felt 'distrust' over ex-managing agent
- ‘The evidence has changed in this case, pure and simple,’ Bill Cosby trial judge says
- Turkey frees opposition figure pending terrorism trial
- Dengvaxia suspected in doctor’s death
- Singapore General Hospital is best in Asia, says new ranking list
- Foreign experts to help govt in Dengvaxia mess
- NBI files case vs Aquino, others over Dengvaxia purchase
- Congo health minister resigns over Ebola snub
- Personal shame, stigma and doing good: Incoming president of the National Council of Social Service Anita Fam goes On the Record
- As China builds biotech sector, cash floods US startups
Volunteers sought for second homegrown COVID-19 vaccine trials have 373 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at March 5, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.