Vinh Long (VNA) – The Vinh Long Provincial People's Committee in the Mekong Delta has issued a plan to implement the national action programme on sustainable production and consumption for 2021-2030.
By 2030, 90 percent of industrial parks in the province are set to apply clean and environmentally-friendly technologies.
All supermarkets and shopping centres are to use eco-packaging instead of single-use plastics, and the use of slowly-degrading packaging at wet markets will be cut by 80 percent.
The province also hopes to have 100 percent of its enterprises joining production and distribution chains for safe farm produce and it also targets the widespread use of QR codes for product origin tracing.
Vice Chairman of the provincial People's Committee Nguyen Van Liet said local authorities will assist businesses in boosting their production capacity and product quality, and in reducing costs to engage in a network of sustainable production and consumption.
The provincial Department of Science and Technology has been tasked with planning and launching programmes assisting companies and localities in the innovation process.
- Sustainable Appeal
- Meatless Monday: Meat Consumption Dropping
- A Blue Print for North American Food Production.
- U Mumba get new sponsors ahead of Pro Kabaddi 2019
- BCG CME solar power plant begins commercial operation in Long An
- Windows Phone 7 Attracts App Developers Ahead of Launch
- iPhone 5 Highlights Apple Product Unveilings
- Ole Miss seeking better production from rushing attack
- Through The Eyes Of The Experts: A Look Ahead At Corporate Responsibility In 2014
- Get smart! Use UC to boost your sustainability intelligence quotient
- Do You Know What “Sustainable” Really Means?
- SAP plays up sustainability angle
Vinh Long presses ahead with sustainable production, consumption have 303 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at March 2, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.