"Vi" is the only Vietnamese movie to join the festival, which takes place in two stages, from March 1 to 5 and from June 9 to 20, 2021.
"Vi" is about a Nigerian football player playing in the Vietnamese football league. After he breaks his leg, he is forced to leave the team and find a job in a sex parlour to provide for his wife and son back home.
Bao got the idea for the film years ago based on his high-school memories. At that time, he saw black men on buses while going to school. Bao was obsessed by these men who seemed to have overcome some significant challenges.
First-time filmmaker Bao has composed a delicate, sensory meditation that conjures up many a thought in the viewer's mind.
In "Vi" the actors are amateurs, including the call girls.
Earlier, the film won the "Most Potential Project" award at the Singapore International Film Festival in 2020.
Due to the global COVID-19 pandemic, Berlinale has developed a new festival format for its 71st edition and is delighted to thus be able to hold the festival for both the industry and the general public.
From June 9-20, the Summer Special will give the general public the opportunity to see the majority of the 2021 selected films in Berlin cinemas in the presence of filmmakers.
- Venice Film Festival 2020: Indian filmmaker Chaitanya Tamhane's The Disciple wins Best Screenplay award
- Tiruppur girl wins an international award
- Vietnamese film wins Fantasia award
- Ann Hui wins lifetime achievement award at Venice festival
- Film Critics Awards 2020: Jallikattu, Nivin Pauly, Manju Warrier Win!
- Chaitanya Tamhane's Film The Disciple Wins Critics Prize At Venice Film Festival
- Scores Most Gotham Awards Nominations, and
- Creative Arts Emmys: ‘The Last Dance’, Dave Chappelle, ‘SNL’ & RuPaul Lead Night 5; ‘Mandalorian’, ‘Watchmen’ Tie For Most Awards Overall: Complete List
- Stunning images highlighting 'pressing conservation issues' include a rare endangered dolphin and the 'Circle of Death' with lifeless manta ray bodies on a beach among Nature inFocus Award winners
- Music composer Phu Quang wins Grand Prize of Bui Xuan Phai Awards
- Female director launches film project on Vietnamese superman
- Emmy Awards Nominations: The Complete List
Vietnamese movie wins Special Jury Award at 71st Berlinale have 352 words, post on en.nhandan.org.vn at March 6, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.